2005 UK Audit of VF1000's

I’ve updated the site with audit information from the department of transport for VF1000’s SORN’d or Taxed in the UK at the end of 2005. The new computeries system has forced a few more bikes out of hiding with 63 more bikes than 2004 making the total 480.

Peter.

can you send me copies of the 2004 and 2005 audit please.
as there are so few VF1000 left in the UK, is it not a good idea to compile a complete register of all of them, where they are, who owns them, and their current condition ?

Yes, that would be a good idea. But as you can see this forum is pretty quiet, trying to track down UK owners has proven to be quite difficult!

Can you tell me how you obtained this data. I’d like to do the same for the NS400R stinkwheel and if you can tell me exactly who to contact it will make the task a whole lot easier.

Interesting site. I always fancied the VF1000RE when I started biking at 16 and they were the latest thing on the street. Bought an NS400R as my first “big bike” and haven’t looked back. Still have a soft spot for the lovely looking RE though I doubt I’ll ever own one. Missus says that if I get another bike besides the NS and the '06 'Blade she’ll leave me. Now there’s a thought…

Alastair

Hi

Just submit a Freedom of Information request to the DVLA, details on how to do it can be found here http://www.dvla.gov.uk/foi.htm

Peter.

Thanks for that. I’ll give it a go.

Alastair

1988 NS400R
2006 Fireblade