At last...The Moment of Truth....

This was the moment chaps…been a long time but well worth the wait…Ooooooh…I fell for that Old Cherry…checked my petrol tap amd “on”…wouldn’t start and checked the petrol tap again and God must’ve turned it off again !!! lol…Turned on properley and that’s how she fired up…first bloody time…[:D][8D]just got to sort the fookin petrol leak out now tho…Final check over all the fasteners etc and then get the plastics painted…and that’s ya lot…[8D]

fantastic tim, sounds realy well…

Shite…[:(!]…No1 cylinder not firing…petrol dribbling out from the exhaust manifold…but a nice fat juicy spark?

help quick whilst I’m not thinking logically and before I slash my wrists…[:(]

hi tim,once had something similar happen to me after cleening carbs, turned out to be a float valve stuck open,petrol literaly pissed out the exhaust manifold,it fowled the plug straight away though, so no spark untill plug was cleened. hope this is some help.

pete.

quote:
Originally posted by vf pete

hi tim,once had something similar happen to me after cleening carbs, turned out to be a float valve stuck open,petrol literaly pissed out the exhaust manifold,it fowled the plug straight away though, so no spark untill plug was cleened. hope this is some help.

pete.

Thanks Pete…gave up this afternoon as my head spinning with one thing and another and the VF petrol prob finished me off…So over to Holmfirth on the 'Bird for some chips and a ride back over the Snake Pass…Was resigned to taking the rocker cover off to see if the exhaust valve not seating…even though I’m quite sure I’ve set all the valves up O…K.

The carbs I’ve fitted are a brand new set off a former member…never been used before…I’ll give that a try thanks. Just a quick one as I can’t even be arsed to work it out myself at the moment…can I check the carb in situ?..or do I have to take the whole bank of carbs off?

Cheers again, Tim.[:)]

hi tim,you may be able to get the carb bottom off in situ if you’ve got a small angled screwdriver, I know its a pain,but i removed mine…if your carbs have been through the postal service, they’ll have been on there side, upside down all ways up…not good…

pete.

quote:
Originally posted by vf pete

hi tim,you may be able to get the carb bottom off in situ if you’ve got a small angled screwdriver, I know its a pain,but i removed mine…if your carbs have been through the postal service, they’ll have been on there side, upside down all ways up…not good…

pete.

No chance with my big fingers[:D]…you’d have to be a gynae…gynacgynecol…fanny doctor to reach them bloody screws…so I bit the bullet and did what I hoped I’d never have to do again…took the carbs off…opened it up and Eureka!..No bloody slow jet fitted[:(]…I can see no signs that these carbs have ever been touched but nevertheless that’s the part that was missing…robbed one off my old set and now have to refit the buggers …Oh joy…watch this space…and thanks for the nudge Pete…pretty obvious really I know but at the time my head was on fire and I knew I couldn’t be arsed to think it out at that time…[8D] [8D]

hi tim glad you’ve sussed it,remindes me of,a mate of mine’s father who, aquired a carb for a vintage bike he has(dont ask me what type)anyhow this carb had been on a shelf in someones shed for years never been fitted to a bike before…guess what that was faulty too…