Carb Plate/Air Filter Base

Hi Folks…

I’ve just bought a set of decrepit carbs to strip/clean/recondition for my old FE… They’ve arrived without the alloy plate that they’re normally bolted to…

I’ve done a part number check (CMSNL & David Silver) and found that the MB6 part ain’t available… However, there is an MB2 part up for grabs - VF700/750FD…

Does anyone know if the 750 carb plate fits the 1000 carbs & air filter box…?

Thanks

Miti

MITI-BABE
Sunny Scotland - North(ish)
VF1000FE - (MB6 - '84)
XS1100S - (5K7 - '85)

Hi there,Im not sure if it fits or not but will have the MB6 part in the shed.Contact me if thats of any help.Regards BIF

Hi Bif

quote:
Originally posted by bif

Hi there,Im not sure if it fits or not but will have the MB6 part in the shed.Contact me if thats of any help.Regards BIF

Yes, I’m interested… Van’t e-mail you though 'cos I just get an error message:

"Send an E-MAIL Message

Microsoft VBScript runtime error ‘800a000d’

Type mismatch: ‘rs’

/forum/pop_mail.asp, line 202

You can get me at j_mitchell@lineone.net

Miti

MITI-BABE
VF1000FE - (MB6 - '84)
XS1100S - (5K7 - '85)

Bif

Did you send the carb plate yet…? No sign of it up here…

Miti

MITI-BABE
VF1000FE - (MB6 - '84)
XS1100S - (5K7 - '85)

Just dug it out this weekend also the four rubber trumpets.I will get them off to you this week BIF

Bif

Plate, etc, arrived yesterday… Great Stuff…!! That’s “one in the bank” for you in the VF1000.com barter system…[:)]

Sorry that I’ve not got much that will suit the Bol d’Or, but I did get a boxful of bits & pieces for something called a VF1000B…?? Anyone ever seen one of these…?? The parts seem awfully similar to VF1000FE stuff[:D]

Awrabest - See you at the Scottish Bike Show (Which I have always believed should be formally titled “MacShow” and refferred to in Public as “The Scottish Show”…)

Sorry… I’ve accidentally gone off on one there…[8]

Miti

MITI-BABE
VF1000FE - (MB6 - '84)
XS1100S - (5K7 - '85)