Dave G's FF Project

Dave emailed me some pix of his FF, looks like a pretty sweet restoration, would like to hear more about what you did to the bike Dave.

Thanks - that’s has helped me hugely with inspiration! [:D]

Seeing everything on that refurbed frame has, I think, decided me to strip mine completely - probably with the exclusion of the engine for now as she runs fairly sweetly.

Did you have the wheels re-furbed?

Regards,

Iain

Hi there, many thanks peter for sorting the pics for me, I have sent the pps to your work adress, congratulations btw.

Iain,
Go for it you know it makes sense, If i can give you any advice this would be it: -
make a rough note how the bike comes apart (If you need to)
I split my FF into 5 boxes making a list of everything in the box and what had to be done to it (Ie shot blast & stove it, renew it, scrap it, you get the picture)
build the bike in stages ie big bits that can be bolted on (ie tail piece, front lighting and radiator assembly)don’t be to scared about the motor it ain’t that bad honest, however if yours is sweet leave it, I only stripped mine because I had two brand new heads from silvers at £69.00 each (a saving of £1250 each off honda list) these then were gas flowed including a back cut to the inlet valves and a three angle radius cut on the valve seats, sorry i’m babbling you still with me? I have renewed all crank bearings, cam chains & adjusters and just about bloody everything come to mention it, you may have noticed I have my own diy oil mod for the cams (Look above the tax disc for the pressure guage) to all you VF owners out there keep the revs up above 2000rpm the engine will love you for it.

mmmmmmmm in answer to your question no i didn’t have the wheels re-furbed I’ve got a brand new front courtesy of a monkey in a tyre fitting bay and the rear was tip top anyway.

if your interested I can email you a massive powerpoint show if you got an email that will accept an 8.9 meg file

Take care
Dave G

quote:
Originally posted by Dave G

Hi there, many thanks peter for sorting the pics for me, I have sent the pps to your work adress, congratulations btw.

Iain,
Go for it you know it makes sense, If i can give you any advice this would be it: -
make a rough note how the bike comes apart (If you need to)
I split my FF into 5 boxes making a list of everything in the box and what had to be done to it (Ie shot blast & stove it, renew it, scrap it, you get the picture)
build the bike in stages ie big bits that can be bolted on (ie tail piece, front lighting and radiator assembly)don’t be to scared about the motor it ain’t that bad honest, however if yours is sweet leave it, I only stripped mine because I had two brand new heads from silvers at £69.00 each (a saving of £1250 each off honda list) these then were gas flowed including a back cut to the inlet valves and a three angle radius cut on the valve seats, sorry i’m babbling you still with me? I have renewed all crank bearings, cam chains & adjusters and just about bloody everything come to mention it, you may have noticed I have my own diy oil mod for the cams (Look above the tax disc for the pressure guage) to all you VF owners out there keep the revs up above 2000rpm the engine will love you for it.

mmmmmmmm in answer to your question no i didn’t have the wheels re-furbed I’ve got a brand new front courtesy of a monkey in a tyre fitting bay and the rear was tip top anyway.

if your interested I can email you a massive powerpoint show if you got an email that will accept an 8.9 meg file

Take care
Dave G

Long time ago but hey it’s worth a try…Hello I’m Tim and I’m in the middle of a VF1000 FE rebuild…but not as extensively engine wise as yours. You offer to send a PowerPoint of your rebuld…is the offer still open? if so could I have a copy please?

My email addy

timhavard@btinternet.com

This time tomorrow it’ll be yesterday