Decals..

or stickers to me…[:o)]…Where can I get a full set for my 1984 VF 1000 FE.?..Dai Silvers say they’ve been discontinued…The original colour scheme is the Silver and Grey ( see PAJ’s pic of his VF)…However as my original tank is badly damaged managed to pick up a tank from the States as good as new…plus a side panel and one half of a front fairing…all in the white/red/blue colour scheme…I need decals for the front fairing ( LHS) rear cohl and side panels.Where from ?[:)]

This time tomorrow it’ll be yesterday

Hi Tim,

I got the side panel VF1000F and lower cowl V-FOUR decals replicated at a local graphic designers, the V-FOUR was done from a picture and the VF1000F is from a scan of the original Honda decal I bought on eBay (still unused [:)]). You can see them on the pic of my bike they ar eon the aftermarket lower fairing. They have them on file now so it’s just a case of them printing them for me, I could get a cost from them I think it cost me about £20 last time. I take it it’s the HONDA with the HOND on the tank and the A on the fairing you also need? You would need to get this replicated also.

There are decal kits that come up on eBay quite a lot but I don’t think they have all the decals you need included in the kit.

So your project bike is silver and grey?? I’m looking for a side panel to replace one of mine which is shabby, think its the right hand one, what are your silver/grey ones like?

Peter.

I had the same problem for my CB250RSD-C, the decals have been deleted and no one has them and even if they did she who must be obeyed said no to the second mortgage. I found a company at Dalkeith, Just outside Edinburgh, who scanned the colours in off my good side panel and did the tank decals both sides; a side panel, mudguard and the tail unit transfer for the princely sum of £55 + VAT, this was three years ago so it may have gone up slightly. If you check out either who do the transfers for local vans or Local authority/plod you can sometimes get a good deal. Whatever you do don’t tell them how much a dealer charges or that they have been deleted somehow the price seems to rise!

alan

be safe, be happy and don’t let anyone make you afraid

quote:
Originally posted by alan brown

I had the same problem for my CB250RSD-C, the decals have been deleted and no one has them and even if they did she who must be obeyed said no to the second mortgage. I found a company at Dalkeith, Just outside Edinburgh, who scanned the colours in off my good side panel and did the tank decals both sides; a side panel, mudguard and the tail unit transfer for the princely sum of £55 + VAT, this was three years ago so it may have gone up slightly. If you check out either who do the transfers for local vans or Local authority/plod you can sometimes get a good deal. Whatever you do don’t tell them how much a dealer charges or that they have been deleted somehow the price seems to rise!

alan

be safe, be happy and don’t let anyone make you afraid

Cheers for that Alan…[8D]

This time tomorrow it’ll be yesterday

same here theres a gfx place who take a photo from your bike then make new decals 4 you a mate got his done just last week cost him 30 quid

Hi Tim,
Try CB Decals, formerly AFE Graphics over in the US. They are on the web; www.afegraphics.com. I’ve just got a top quality set for my renovated 79 CBX1000Z, down to the running-in decal on the tacho and the chain adjustment decal on the chain tensioner all for US $180.

Hi, Tim
I emailed Sunrise Graphic About the FE I bought off ebay, according to them they do a letter set which are used as a mask to spray your colour round, they are £40.00, but think it may be easier to do the same at a competent local graphic shop, I’m looking at doing mine over the next couple of weeks and will need colour matches as well,
Phil.

go to http://www.cbdecals.afegraphics.com/view_product.php?adminshopping=&product=85vf1000fEUBLSL-FullKit-H3587 .

He makes a perfect decal kit, right down to colours. I got the euro kit for my 84 VF1000F from him.

See my bike here … http://pickbbs.com/84vf1000f.jpg

Cb decals sell full set for fe and other models

Anybody has experience with Andy?

Andy’s ebay shop

I had a set of these, think they are from the same seller, they were spot on
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F254361059418

I bought a set for my RF,good quality and reasonable price too
Bif

I went with these guys: ReproDecals

Very good, if a little pricey.