FII Bol d'Or parts needed...

Well, after binning mine last autumn on Deisel (two broken ribs and a fractured ankle [:(]) I’ve begun restoring the old gal…

So, VF1000 land, I’m looking for a few parts that I haven’t yet managed to track down (either from David Silver Spares, or eBay - although both have done well for the other bitz…)

Anyone got the following they’d like to sell? (Of course, in the unlikely event that someone has a mint set of bodywork out there - including Tank - I’d be more than happy to exchange a generous quantity of Beer Tokens! [;)])

Oh - and mine is Silver - but any colours considered as a complete re-spray is on the list… [:D]

Lower R/H fairing (I have two - but an un-broken one would be better)

Lower R/H fairing oil inspection panel

R/H Indicator mounting (ovalish - fits in opening in top fairing)

R/H Handlebar/clipon

R/H ‘Glove Box’

Fuse panel cover

Headlamp cradle (mine can prolly be straightened - but a straight 'un would be nice!)

Any spare fairing bolts…

Prolly ore parts needed - but I haven’t got that far yet [:(]

Thanks - have fun - and be careful out there!

Iain
85 VF1000 FII Bol d’Or

Teambif have a fair stock of spares an can help with several of the parts you need.Ping paj or bif for price and availability. [8] BIF

quote:
Originally posted by Iain

Well, after binning mine last autumn on Deisel (two broken ribs and a fractured ankle [:(]) I’ve begun restoring the old gal…

So, VF1000 land, I’m looking for a few parts that I haven’t yet managed to track down (either from David Silver Spares, or eBay - although both have done well for the other bitz…)

Anyone got the following they’d like to sell? (Of course, in the unlikely event that someone has a mint set of bodywork out there - including Tank - I’d be more than happy to exchange a generous quantity of Beer Tokens! [;)])

Oh - and mine is Silver - but any colours considered as a complete re-spray is on the list… [:D]

Lower R/H fairing (I have two - but an un-broken one would be better)

Lower R/H fairing oil inspection panel

R/H Indicator mounting (ovalish - fits in opening in top fairing)

R/H Handlebar/clipon

R/H ‘Glove Box’

Fuse panel cover

Headlamp cradle (mine can prolly be straightened - but a straight 'un would be nice!)

Any spare fairing bolts…

Prolly ore parts needed - but I haven’t got that far yet [:(]

Thanks - have fun - and be careful out there!

Iain
85 VF1000 FII Bol d’Or

Iain - do your trashed fairing lowers have the cooling flap mechanism intact? They are missing on my recently purchased silver F2F, so would like to buy if you’re interested?

Cheers
Andy

Hello Andy,
I have got used F2F parts from a guy named Andy Braun in Germany, he is in german ebayshops under name of Rotti’s Bikestube, and he writes english too. Everything has worked very well with him. The glovebox might be a problem: I just spent couple of evenings building new hinges to the box and it’s cover, but it was impossible to get a non-broken one.

best regards
Pekka from Finland

who needs a signature

Hi Andy,

What bits specifically - the flaps themselves, or the brakets screwed to the inside of the fairings? Will take a look in my stash…

Pekka - yes - I had the same problem - have made best out of two I had - but yes - both broken in some way… Fortunately the one I used doesn’t have anything broken that shows…

Iain
http://www.ogilvie.org/bikes

Hi Iain

There are remnants of bracketry, but would ideally like the flaps and mechanism/brackets as I have no idea what should be there.

Cheers
Andy

Hi,

I have got an oil filer flap in white if yoy still need it