Gunged up carbs.

Looks like my carbs are suffering from the dreaded green gunge. My own fault for leaving it standing for so long.

Any tips on stripping down the carbs? Did the same on my old VF750, but that was a long while ago.

Well the carbs are off and having removed the float bowls, they are clean. So looks like I am looking for another problem.

Does anyone know where I can get the carb rubbers, might as well replace them while they are off. The carbs would have had to come of anyway, as I am fitting a top end oiling kit, when it gets here from the States.

quote:
Originally posted by humph

Well the carbs are off and having removed the float bowls, they are clean. So looks like I am looking for another problem.

Does anyone know where I can get the carb rubbers, might as well replace them while they are off. The carbs would have had to come of anyway, as I am fitting a top end oiling kit, when it gets here from the States.

Got a link for the kit humph?..How much?

Got carb rubber boots off evil bay…You’ll get them from Dai Silvers tho…

Float bowl rubber gaskets?..you got/want some?..Bought a set from dai Silvers but haven’t used them as I obtained a bew set of carbs…

Tim.

hi hump, i got a set of carb rubbers off david silvers, they were about a fiver each, but have made getting the carbs on and off a lot easier. i have also just sent off for a top end oiler from “holeshot rerformance” took about two weeks to arrive in england, then parcel force intersepted it and wont deliver it until i pay £29 vat, £7 import duty, then £8 parcel force clearance fee…(dick turpin must now work for the post)…best of luck…pete

I am getting my kit from here.

You have to drill into the oil gallery, but I believe it to be a better log term mod.

The kit has changed slightly from the one on the site, in that it now uses blus silicon hose and is $130 plus $30 shipping. Will take some photo’s and do a write up when I fit it.

I am looking at using silicon hose to replace the carb rubbers, would certainly make fitting easier.

Jamie at Daugherty Motorsports is also working on a 4 into 1 header for the VF1000.