How much is my FE worth?

Not convinced it’s going to make real classic status in my lifetime - and may be time to move on.

Off the road for longer than I can remember (so long never had a SORN reminder), and not currently a good runner (weak spark, gummy carbs and slippy clutch) - but low mileage (19k - D reg) and all in one piece, with an almost new collector box, and engine has an oil-mod.

Still got the original tool kit and owner’s manual. I’d call the colour maroon - though tank and fairing have had a respray (decently done).

Of course some bits are showing their age - but it’s not a dog yet, and the spiders seem to like it.

Then again may be worth more in pieces.

Any answers on a postcard: pmf@igd.com

I seem to have got my answer - it’s certainly going to be easier to shift it in bits, and even if I can’t sell it all, it looks like I’ll get more that way.

I’ll start pulling it apart - and will put a price list on this site shortly.

There will be at least one of everything that went into an '87 registered FE (there are some spares too).

Prices will be reasonable - and I’ll give the real fans here at least a month to buy before anything goes onto e-bay.

'87 - Doesn’t that make it an FF?

Don’t suppose the reg is anything like D754YJH is it?

Sorry - still looking for a bike I had new in '87 :wink:

Iain

Hi Iain - I say 87 as that’s the earliest service record I have for it, it’s on a D plate (so it could have been registered in 86) - but it definitely is an FE.

Sorry, it’s not your old bike.

quote:
Originally posted by pmf

Hi Iain - I say 87 as that’s the earliest service record I have for it, it’s on a D plate (so it could have been registered in 86) - but it definitely is an FE.

Sorry, it’s not your old bike.

So then pmf…basically ya selling a non running VF for about £800 …and we don’t know you from Adam do we…so why not piss off to e-bay…The bike aint worth half that whole is it

Sozz mate if you are genuine…but genuine what?..Ya just after a quick buck…I’ll give you £100 for it and come and take it away …how’s that eh…cos you know it’s going to the right people…enthusiasts for this Marque…which is why you’re here aint it?
[:(!][:(!][:(!]

paj…bif…usually these peeps selling stuff aint allowed to post until they’re “established”…mat even take a few posts…but this guy seems to be just using our Forum to make money…

[:(!][:(!]