ignition boxes vf1000fe

I have both black boxes from an old vf I got as a spare bike years ago. They are the ones in the tailpiece

one is the IC ignition box it has the number TID12-13 and also MB4 403? on it, the other ione is not to hand right now, but I will find it and quote the number

Are they of interest to anyone???

ALex.

It would be hany to have one ignition box as spare, what would the price be ?

who needs a signature

quote:
Originally posted by dnapekko

It would be hany to have one ignition box as spare, what would the price be ?

who needs a signature

Some just gone on e bay…forgot the price !

Happy New Year dnapekko…how you doing ? My rebuild has slowed down a lot at the moment…too bloody cold in my garage !

Tim

This time tomorrow it’ll be yesterday

Hello, Tim, and happy New Year too. I have collected parts here and there, unfortunately found bended fork tube and front axle in the bike when began to change fork oil gaskets ( correct term?)and wheel bearings. Got used front end from Germany, and hope to begin to put it together soon. My friend is going to do paint job ( I shall design him the renovation works for his garage as payment), and even got new original mufflers. Hope to have the bike ready for the summer, which arrives later to us than to you. Realistic beginning of driving season might be about in the middle of May.

who needs a signature

quote:
Originally posted by dnapekko

Hello, Tim, and happy New Year too. I have collected parts here and there, unfortunately found bended fork tube and front axle in the bike when began to change fork oil gaskets ( correct term?)and wheel bearings. Got used front end from Germany, and hope to begin to put it together soon. My friend is going to do paint job ( I shall design him the renovation works for his garage as payment), and even got new original mufflers. Hope to have the bike ready for the summer, which arrives later to us than to you. Realistic beginning of driving season might be about in the middle of May.

who needs a signature

Bent axle and fork leg??? Get your headstock and bearings checked. What bearings have you got in the headstock? I have just fitted a taper roller cinversion set.
Good luck…keep us up to date with your progress , as I will. I’ll get some photos on when I get my scanner sorted.[8D]

Hey PAJ…can you post photos off Photobucket?

I see you have facility to insert pic…got an easy step by step way of doing it that an idiot could understand ?[:o)]

This time tomorrow it’ll be yesterday

Hello, Tim

The wheel bearings were already on the change-list. Straight T (headstock?) came with the front end from Andy in Germany. The tubes were 100% straight. New axle is coming from a Honda dealer in Germany (the pricing of Finnish dealers is incredible). The front end will be on the place next week. Borrowed a powder coating system from my brother, and going to use a standard kitchen oven (got one to garage, not in home) to fix side- and centerstand. Maybe I need to put the photos of the project somewhere. Has anybody experience of getting paints from the english supplier http://www.motorbikepaint.co.uk/ ? I’d like to have the original candy red colour.

who needs a signature

quote:

Hey PAJ…can you post photos off Photobucket?

This all depends on whether photobucket lets you link directly to their pix, if you browse to your picture on photobucket and single right click it in internet explorer a menu will pop up single left click ‘Properties’ and a box will open, where it says Address (URL) this is the full URL of your pic. Single Right click any part of the address - http://… and then single left click Select All. Single right click the address again and single left click Copy. In your forum message click the insert image button and in the space between the img /img tags single right click and the single left click the Paste option. This will paste the address of your pic on photobucket into your forum message as an image link. The pic should then appear in the message when you post it.

If you can’t get a pic posted email it to me and I’ll sort it for you.

Peter.

[quoteMaybe I need to put the photos of the project somewhere.[/quote]

Please send the pix of your project, if you need help hosting them email them to me and I will host them for you.

Peter

paj@vf1000.com

MCTVR

WLTM FE IGN UNITS, Shy but GSOH FF+ IGN UNIT willing to offer self in exchange. [:X]

P0 BOX 84FE

(Geddit?)

MITI-BABE
Sunny Scotland - North(ish)
VF1000FE - (MB6 - '84)
XS1100S - (5K7 - '85)