New big bike vf1000f2f

I HAVE JUST BUGHT A vf1000f2f bol d or first reg is sept 1986. there is no manual with it and I need some help knowing about the forks the tyre pressure the pressure for the rear shocks and anything else anyone can tell me about the bike. it has non standard exhaust on it that I would like to replace, and the rear mumd guard is damaged and needs to be replaced to look more original ie with the reflector on the bottom. The lid to the lockable glove box on the right front blew off on the motorway and I would like to replace that too if I can find one . so fingers crossed someone can help … Please…
regards
[:)]Dave

Congrats for nice, and actually rare bike. Good luck with the lid, I suggest you ebay.de, and www.bike-teile.de The mudguard can be problematic, as is the original exhaust system. Air pressure in front is 0 to 0,4 kg/cm2, rear 0,5-to 3 kg/cm2. Use hand pump, no compressor. I have never added air there, and I bought new front springs and rear shock (Hagon) last summer, the handling became better. Tyre pressures: front 2,5 kg, rear 2,9 kg/cm2.

Thank you very much , very greatly appreciated.

OK SO THE BIKE SEEMS TO BE RUNNING RICH HOW DO I RECTIFY THIS? HOW DO I GET TO THE AIR FILTER TO CHECK IF ITS CLEAN AND WHAT SHOULD THE RPM BE SET TO FOR THE TICK-OVER ? SORRY TO BOMBARD YOU WITH QUESTIONS BUT YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON COMING UP WITH ANY ANSWERS FOR ME AT THE MOMENT
CHEERS
DAVE

Remove the seat, turn the fuel tap off, then remove the tank, which is secured by one bolt to rear of tank, and one at the front, then slide it rearwards to unhook it from the fairing, and unclip the fuel line. Once that’s off, the air filter case lid can be undone, and the air filter is held in by a wire spring, which pulls out first. If it’s old and filthy, the bike will run rich, throw it away and fit a new one(dave silver spares has them). Try it with a new filter first, and before mucking about with the carbs, try and source a sound stock exhaust, cos a non std exhaust can affect the mixture quite noticeably too if not set up right. The tickover is normally around 1100rpm, and there is an adjuster knob on the lower left side of the carb assembly.

thanks I will do thattomorrow

quote:
Originally posted by scratcher

Remove the seat, turn the fuel tap off, then remove the tank, which is secured by one bolt to rear of tank, and one at the front, then slide it rearwards to unhook it from the fairing, and unclip the fuel line. Once that’s off, the air filter case lid can be undone, and the air filter is held in by a wire spring, which pulls out first. If it’s old and filthy, the bike will run rich, throw it away and fit a new one(dave silver spares has them). Try it with a new filter first, and before mucking about with the carbs, try and source a sound stock exhaust, cos a non std exhaust can affect the mixture quite noticeably too if not set up right. The tickover is normally around 1100rpm, and there is an adjuster knob on the lower left side of the carb assembly.