Old/New/Old Member !

Hi all.

I have been a Member here for a few years posting under the name “Tinytim”.

Have had problems in the past whereby I keep getting logged out as soon as I have logged in.

Done what Bif has suggested in the past i.e. clearing cookies etc but this time it doesn’t work at all.

Therefore, until Bif can get “Tinytim” sorted I have reregistered as “Tim”.
Yes, highly original I know.

Welcome back Tim !!

Hiya fella. Welcome back to the fold!

quote:
Originally posted by scratcher

Hiya Scxratcher…planty et al.

Have been here in body believe it or not but every time I have written out a post and pressed “submit” the site tells me to piss off and sign in. No matter how loud I shout “I have already fookin signed in” the computer does not hear. Then I lose patience and bugger off to a couple of other forums I frequent.

So…I have been keeping tabs on you and your progress… 'tis nice to be “back” though and able to post.

Regarding my progress with the FE…absolutely bugger all really.

Life has been very busy this last year culminating in my early retirement/ redundancy from the Steel Plant last month.

Hopefully when the shock of having so much time on my hands (unless She Who Must Be Obeyed" insists I look for work again) dissipates and I settle down I’ll be able to get things sorted here.

The Winter which has been so long has been a no go area re my garage due to it being sooooo fookin cold.

I have also had a lot of work to do on my Commuter CB500…yes, I know I don’t need it now…but now I’ve finished it I can let her go.

The Blackbird has had some work done too and after such a long crap riding year last year I have been getting some miles under my belt whilst the weather is something like. Have just returned from a week at the Nurburgring…and then it’s been catch up at home and earning Brownie points…

Finally I have rearranged my garage now that all the CB500 and Bird work has been done…put ny 650 Triumph ( half complete) on a bike table/lift that I had made at work[;)] and the VF has finally taken pride of place on my “new” Sealy bike table/lft that I recently got off Evil Bay.

So the VF is now set up to try all plastics for fitting/new fasteners, after having some more welding done to cracks. Then it’s plastics off again and away for painting. Have a new contact in Sheffield who is recommended for spraying.

I have got a spurious electrical connection…or lack off re my indicators, but now she’s out in the open and on the “operating table” it shouldn’t be much of a problem to solve.

Hopefully , and unless I croak it, I should finally have the bugger on the road by August.

Glad to see you got your workshop sorted Chris…looks the danglies.

Right. that’s enough verbal diarr…dairho…diaRhoes…shite from me for the time being.

Oh yea…philjo and the other Yorkshireman, pete was it?..still got ya phone numbers…I WILL be over sometime…watch ya phones LOL

Tim

Sorry you had problems Tim, sounds like a strange one, have updated your new account with your post total so you can still remain King of the Board.

Time for an update to the website, watch this space!

quote:
Originally posted by PAJ

Sorry you had problems Tim, sounds like a strange one, have updated your new account with your post total so you can still remain King of the Board.

Time for an update to the website, watch this space!

HI Peter…my usernames…curiouser and curiouser…tried to log on tonight under Tim and can’t…so last chance tried Tiny Tim…and it bloody well worked. Oh dear !

quote:
Originally posted by Tim
quote:
Originally posted by scratcher

Hiya Scxratcher…planty et al.

Have been here in body believe it or not but every time I have written out a post and pressed “submit” the site tells me to piss off and sign in. No matter how loud I shout “I have already fookin signed in” the computer does not hear. Then I lose patience and bugger off to a couple of other forums I frequent.

So…I have been keeping tabs on you and your progress… 'tis nice to be “back” though and able to post.

Regarding my progress with the FE…absolutely bugger all really.

Life has been very busy this last year culminating in my early retirement/ redundancy from the Steel Plant last month.

Hopefully when the shock of having so much time on my hands (unless She Who Must Be Obeyed" insists I look for work again) dissipates and I settle down I’ll be able to get things sorted here.

The Winter which has been so long has been a no go area re my garage due to it being sooooo fookin cold.

I have also had a lot of work to do on my Commuter CB500…yes, I know I don’t need it now…but now I’ve finished it I can let her go.

The Blackbird has had some work done too and after such a long crap riding year last year I have been getting some miles under my belt whilst the weather is something like. Have just returned from a week at the Nurburgring…and then it’s been catch up at home and earning Brownie points…

Finally I have rearranged my garage now that all the CB500 and Bird work has been done…put ny 650 Triumph ( half complete) on a bike table/lift that I had made at work[;)] and the VF has finally taken pride of place on my “new” Sealy bike table/lft that I recently got off Evil Bay.

So the VF is now set up to try all plastics for fitting/new fasteners, after having some more welding done to cracks. Then it’s plastics off again and away for painting. Have a new contact in Sheffield who is recommended for spraying.

I have got a spurious electrical connection…or lack off re my indicators, but now she’s out in the open and on the “operating table” it shouldn’t be much of a problem to solve.

Hopefully , and unless I croak it, I should finally have the bugger on the road by August.

Glad to see you got your workshop sorted Chris…looks the danglies.

Right. that’s enough verbal diarr…dairho…diaRhoes…shite from me for the time being.

Oh yea…philjo and the other Yorkshireman, pete was it?..still got ya phone numbers…I WILL be over sometime…watch ya phones LOL

Tim

Spooky TIm…if I didn’t know any better I’d say you were me LOL

well i can’t quite believe it, first time ive logged on since probably before christmas and sheffields answer to the scarlett pimpernell is back…

good to here from you tim,

p.s. the vf is looking realy sorry for its self, sat in corner of garage covered in dust,and all manner of clutter…its disgracefull

quote:
Originally posted by vf pete

well i can’t quite believe it, first time ive logged on since probably before christmas and sheffields answer to the scarlett pimpernell is back…

good to here from you tim,

p.s. the vf is looking realy sorry for its self, sat in corner of garage covered in dust,and all manner of clutter…its disgracefull

…and likewise Pete. Still got ya number and now I’m a “Man of Leisure” ( don’t tell her I said that) I should be able to get intouch and arrange a meet sometime.

As for ya VF covered in dust and clutter…yes, bloody disgraceful mate.[8D]