preload adjuster cap

lost it ,cant find it anywhere so need another cap for the pre-load dial on top of right fork,dont like looking down and seeing the bare top boo hoo, help would be much welcomed.

hi intruder

which type the large one ( nearly same size as forks ) or the small one? i think i have some small ones.

garyb

Hi garyb, it is not as wide as fork, it is plastic, black and had 1 2 3 on it, sits over the white plastic dial which has a screw in the middle. hope this helps , would like to purchase one from you if you think it is the same. let me know and I will send you cash in an envelope , long as its not silly for what it is, no offence intended. would appreciate it very much, cheers.

hi intruder

i will look tomorrow. is it the same as number 35 in the following link?: http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-vf1000f-1984-1000-interceptor-usa_model1117/partslist/F++09.html this is the bigger version that i do not have, if i have both small ones it may be worth changing both.

garyb

Yes mate it is that one.unfortunately mine is a canadian import so has all the bits and bobs that differ it to uk spec one I guess, thanks, Nigel.

i will check to see if they are interchangeable, my vf has the large type like yours but my doner bike has the small type, if they can be fitted i will let you know.

garyb

found both small ones but can’t get the damping adjuster one off! it is still attached to the cap and rod. does anybody know how to remove it? the larger ones just pull off but this one is refusing to budge.

garyb

wish I could help, but I dont know, mine has teeth on a white dial plate , I thought that they would have all just pulled off. I appreciate the effort tho mate.