rocker covers

Hi, does anyone have a set of rocker covers for a 1986 vf1000f2f bol d’or? just bought another bike and they have been over tightened and cracked. Are there different sizes of rocker covers on different models of vf1000?
many thanks, jonny

Yes there are different sizes, the earlier fe models are narrower, not sure about variations on later ones, on some motorcycles there were variations on the breather pipes but I dont know if the vf’s were affected, could you put some photos on here of your rocker cover?

quote:
Originally posted by philjo

Yes there are different sizes, the earlier fe models are narrower, not sure about variations on later ones, on some motorcycles there were variations on the breather pipes but I dont know if the vf’s were affected, could you put some photos on here of your rocker cover?

Hi thanks for the reply, pulled the damaged one off today, the one off the spare engine is the thinner version, may be able to get the crack welded,but still on the look out for replacement.
Jonny

hi pal ive got for sale its a 1987 model ff good condition

hi jonny

i have a spare set of covers from a 1996 fe but don’t know if they will fit a bol. if you take some measurements from yours i will check.

garyb

yeh sure ill put the up tomorrow as im going work now

many thanks for all the replies guys, got it sorted.
jonny