Running rich on one cylinder

Took my Honda V4 for its MOT Saturday,passed again. When I got her home she was running a bit rough on all 4 cylinders so when I got her home took off the fairing to find both bolts holding on the headlight assembly was missing,fitted new bolts and washer with nylock nuts but I wanted to check the tappets again cos the front right cylinder was rattley, to get the rocker cover off the front i have to take off the gas tank,seat,fairing and all side panel,s drain the front radiator of cooling remove the bottom radiator disconnect fans and remove,then take off side casing then remove the spark plugs. One plug is running super rich so i need to check the air mixture screw thats the easy bit

Might be worth checking for needle wear on the carb for that cylinder too.

Hi Windy, Can we have an update please, when you have time!? I would have gone back to basics and also checked float hight! But could you share with us your findings / solution!!?

Many Thanks,

I turned the mixture screw out 1 whole turn on that carb then went for a blast,then checked it again Now it was perfect like rich tea buiscuts
fixed nice and simple
need any help give me a shout
lloyd

1 Like