Scam alert, Fred Goodwill?

Scam alert? A person calling himself Fred Goodwill just emailed me from email contact on this forum. He said he had R parts, and wanted info on mine. I did a bit of searching and there were a lot of Fred Goodwills in Nigeria!

1 Like

It’s a scam,there is no one of that name registered on the forum

2 Likes

I had a similar e-mail about a month back fishing for info and wanting me to buy something, but not bike related.

The scamming bastards are everywhere! I had another one try tonight. I have Yamaha TT 250 parts posted on Gumtree. Said he wanted to buy and he wanted me to post a part to Perth, but he couldn’t even spell it…

Thanks Bif, the scammers and bots are everywhere. It would be funny except they bite a few people. On the FB forums they seem to be targeting people after R parts. Maybe they have a cunning algorithm which senses when someone is desperately lusting after rare parts!!!

I had a close call with one on FB,he had pics of freshly painted R panels plus “lots of other parts”
I enquired if he had a U.K. spec speedo,to which he replied yes and gave a price and shipping cost.
I twigged then that he was in the US as the price was in dollars,so why would he have a 180mph speedo?
I asked twice for a picture of the item after which the post was deleted along with his profile.
You can’t be too careful
regards Big

2 Likes

Bif, It seems like they lose patience once you request more details, and go on to find a more gullible buyer. It’s certainly a good tactic to just keeping asking for more details, a genuine seller will continue, but the scammers seem to go, luckily!
Spring has sprung here in Canberra Oz, must be starting to get damp and chilly over there?
Greg