Top end oiling kit.

Well my top end oiling kit has arrived from the states and no dity to pay so that is a result.

I will take some photos of the kit and post them here.

This is the kit from Jamie Daugherty. this does’t have the oil filter plate, but require drilling into the main oil gallery. I just need to get the right tap and drill, then I should be doing the fitting next week.

Jamie is in the process of building his own mandrel bending kit and then hopes to be producing a 4-1 header for the VF1000.

Ooooh, be careful with that drill humph[:0]. I’m gonna go for the Dave Dodge kit cos there’s no requirement to put holes into the crankcases,and at a point of great oil pressure!(rare in VFs!!!). The DD mod is totally reversible should it be necessary and no crankcases will be harmed in the fitting of it![;)]

I have the tap ready and waiting, need to find a drill and do a few tests. Then get the exhaust off and away we go.

Going to do the 500 too.

This is reversable, plug the hole and put the original pipe work back.

Hi Paul
Where did you go to get in touch with James?
I tried his Website (I think) but I did’nt get any reply [:(]
Have you a Link?
Finally, how much was the Kit with shipping?

Thanks

Andy

quote:
Originally posted by Normsthename

Hi Paul
Where did you go to get in touch with James?
I tried his Website (I think) but I did’nt get any reply [:(]
Have you a Link?
Finally, how much was the Kit with shipping?

Thanks

Andy

I just emailed him on the address on his website.

The cost was $160 including shipping.

I recieved my Dave Dodge Oil mod kit today. It’s the filter adaptor type. Very pleasantly surprised at how well made it appears to be, although I plan on replacing the short lengths of un-heated heatshrink sleeving with some clear full length stuff on the braided supply lines.
Unfortunately I did get clobbered on duty and had to cough up an extra £19, which also included clearance charges from Parcel Farce!!! What a con!