VF1000 FF - Customised

Here’s my FF in its current incarnation.

Latest additions are a Lithium battery and red rubber grease on the brakes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Latest addition: Adelin radial master cylinder.

1 Like

Hi ascalon, your vf is looking very tidy, ive been concidering trying a lithium battery myself, how are you finding it, is there any noticeable improvements over say a motobat, and what amperage did you go for ?.

Thanks Pete.

To be honest, it is tatty up close, but I’m still happy with the overall effect.

The XRacer battery seems to be working fine. However, I had installed a new stator and a new reg/rec from David Silvers. I did have one mystery drain, but it seems to have been very reliable since. I got it from a local place where we just looked up the spec from the old battery (Yuasa) and they handed me one and that was it.

It’s an X-Raceer Lithium 6 - CCA:** 290 Ampere

A

Thanks ascalan, they sound good, ill look into it further when my motobats die,

Fancy coming over in May for a bit of a tour in Scotland?

Would love to, but May is looking a bit sticky. Might be traveling for work. Will have to make a decision closer to time.

Where did that seat cowl come from?

1 Like

Did a thread on it here.

It was custom built for the previous owner.

I had occasion to kill two birds with one stone recently.
Needed to pick up an old watch I had snagged for a great price, while on the way to a meeting the other side of the country.

The weather looked good, so I decided to do a reliability test of the FF.

The pressures set, chain lub’ed and adjusted, oil and coolant checked. I brined the tank and set if with zero on the trip meter.

I had a small toolkit and a few optimistic spares, just in case.

About 2 hours and 20 minutes later, I arrived with 248km on the clock, a bit stiff and needing a waz and a coffee :blush:

The bike was faultless!

Just over two hours later, I cleaned my visor, brimmed it again and did the reverse, clocking 256km, due to a minor detour.

So, I reckon 500 untroubled km in a day, without missing a beat adds up to reliable.

3 Likes

It’s a 35 year old Honda, expect nothing less than reliable… :star_struck:

2 Likes