VF1000F Collector box

I have managed to source a genuine new, unused, ‘new old stock’ original collector box from Belgium for my restoration. Once it arrives here and is proven to be OK(I never count my chickens), I will have a spare collector box for sale, that is, the one I had originally found and intended to use on my restoration project. Bought last year and stored in a box, it’s in very good, clean condition with no rust or baked on chain gunge. All the connecting spouts are in perfect nick and the mountings are fine. It’s ready to fit and will look great. The only blemish present is a small scrape mark under one side from a cornering ‘error’ by its previous owner! This didn’t bother me too much as it won’t show when fitted and could easily be painted. The part came from Germany from a very low mileage bike and still has the original Honda factory ‘high temperature’ coating on the collector. Anyone interested?

Is it form F ? If from F2, I could be interested, they have at least different part number. Where did you find the collector, I am hunting one to my VF750S restoration.

I think the one I have is for an FE. I’m pretty sure that the only difference between the FE and FF/F2 collector box is the silencer outlets are at a very slightly higher angle on the FE, as the FF/F2 had lower pillion footrests for touring comfort. But it’s only a small amount, only 1 or 2 degrees. With such a slight difference it’s easy to ‘tweak’ the silencers to line up the mounting holes.

quote:
Originally posted by scratcher

I will have a spare collector box for sale, that is, the one I had originally found and intended to use on my restoration project… Anyone interested?

Yes.

Miti

Still waiting(impatiently) for the new one to arrive, but when it does, I’ll let ya know, OK.

Finally got my grubby mitts on the new collector box today, and it’s mint!!! WooHoo!!!

Can anyone confirm what if any, are the differences between an early FE collector box and the later FF or even F2 models. I have a box with HMMB6 and SANKEI 2208 stamped on it, but I dunno if it’s gonna fit, and the bike’s in a million pieces so I cant offer it up to see, you see!!! I’m looking at another replacement from a US Interceptor, but if they are all the same, why bother?

It seems to be so, that the later one fits, since early one (18300-MB6-003) is superseded in Honda’s parts fiche with the later (18300-MB6-630)one. The difference seems to be a collar between frame and collector in later models and no collar in earlier, also packings of rear downpipes do have different part number. Downpipes are same in all models. Of course, if you want to be 1010 % sure, get the US collector, and sell the F2 collector to me : )

quote:
Originally posted by scratcher

I have managed to source a genuine new, unused, ‘new old stock’ original collector box from Belgium for my restoration. Once it arrives here and is proven to be OK(I never count my chickens), I will have a spare collector box for sale, that is, the one I had originally found and intended to use on my restoration project. Bought last year and stored in a box, it’s in very good, clean condition with no rust or baked on chain gunge. All the connecting spouts are in perfect nick and the mountings are fine. It’s ready to fit and will look great. The only blemish present is a small scrape mark under one side from a cornering ‘error’ by its previous owner! This didn’t bother me too much as it won’t show when fitted and could easily be painted. The part came from Germany from a very low mileage bike and still has the original Honda factory ‘high temperature’ coating on the collector. Anyone interested?

Hey Man! - I might be as I have a small hole in on of mine - waht are you asking for it??

Sorry Globalrider, sold the spare to bif only last month! Just a bit too late mate!