Wotcher lads

Greetings all,

not currently a VF1000 owner, but am currently looking at getting one as a project.

Have always loved Honda V-fours, but alas, had a very bad experience with a VFR800!

Have been biking 20 years plus and currently have a Ducati roadbike and Kawasaki trackbike.

That’s me.

A

Welcome ascalon, hope you find a good v4 soon!

A bad experience with a VFR? Surely not? Pre VTec were the V4 pinnacle?

quote:
Originally posted by cobby

A bad experience with a VFR? Surely not? Pre VTec were the V4 pinnacle?

Indeed, she had been badly treated in her youth and was closer to a hand grenade than a bike when I got it. After I sorted it out completely, I had totally fallen out of love with it and sold the hateful heap before anything else went wrong.

But I’d love to put some modern suspenders and wheels on a VF1000F and use it as an everyday bike.

As I am getting on in my biking career, it’s about time to do some of these things instead of just thinking about them :slight_smile:

A

i HAVE A vf1000f2f THAT i AM DISPOSING OF shortly …???

quote:
Originally posted by radicalrabit

i HAVE A vf1000f2f THAT i AM DISPOSING OF shortly …???

Thanks mate, but the original VF1000F is the one for me. :slight_smile:

I know where there is one that was roadworthy within the last two years so it should be easily brought back.

I just need shed space, time and a bit o’dosh.

Now, where have I heard that before?

A

Hi ascalon welcome - good to have friends from the Emerald Isle. Perhaps you might get involved in developing an injection model for us !! The early VF1000`s were certainly pretty bikes. When you get it - lets have some pics ?

Cheers
Martin