12v socket for ancilliaries.. where is the best pl

want to use my sat nave under the front windshield it clips on fine with its rubber sucker pad but i need to be able to get power to it

I got an optimate 12v accessory socket from ebay. It plugs into the flying lead for my optimate battery charger that is permanently attached to the battery. I just plug in the accessory socket under the seat and run the satnav lead up under or over the tank to the satnav.

I did the same thing with my Yamaha Xj1100J which I use in Topeka Kansas At my brothers each year.
I mounted my tom-tom under the windjammer clear screen when we went on a 3000 mile journey and I new how to get home and they didn’t.

What I did was run it from the headlight off the indicators feeds which is fused and it was no problem,then plastic tye the 12v socket to the handlebar.

Its nice to know where you are going on long journeys when my brother losses his way .

THANKS I TOOK POWER OFF THE BATTERY FED IT UNDER THE TANK AND INTO THE LEFT HAND POCKET THEN THE POWER LEAD FROM THE UNIT GOES INTO THE 12V CONNECTOR AND ITS EASY TO TAKE IT OFF WHEN I GET WHERE ITS GOING. GREAT HAVING THE FULL FAIRING SO THE WINDSCREEN KEEPS THE WEATHER OF IT WHILE I AM RIDING EVEN IN REALLY AWFUL RAIN STORMS LIKE WE GET .