1984 Vf1000 fe for sale. Genuine UK spec bike

I’m selling my 1984 Vf1000fe. Very Original UK specification bike in roadworthy condition with 11 months MOT.
See my ebay listing for more information. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264462553520

AlexHonda%20VF%201000%20080819%2027

Wow you’re a couple of miles down the road from me at Waddesdon High Street. You may even have seen one or two of my VF1000s/750 outside the cafe! Nice looking VF, the best colours!

Hi Voycie,
Sorry I haven’t spotted you despite passing through Waddesdon regularly and I do keep a look out for VF1000’s (as you can imagine) as it’s not often you see them.

I’ve had mine for many years, and only really selling it as I’m having difficulty pushing it around now as it’s so heavy. I want to replace it with something a bit lighter to man-handle when its not being ridden.
I’m toying with the idea of a VFR750 as I’m still a big V4 fan and it’s a fair bit lighter than the VF.
Regards
Alex

Alexievf I suggest you look out for a 88/89 VFR750 J/K. I have one and its sooo light after my 1000FF. There are plenty about for still reasonable money. I think the later ones sre a bit heavier but also better tyre sizes.
cheers
Andy

1 Like

Thanks Viffer.
I don’t have any practical experience with the VFRs so have been reading up about them and of course people have raved about them since they came out. It seems a hard choice in terms of reliability and build quality as they all seem good in those respects. I would rather have an older bike as I’m more into the classics scene, so your advice about the early ones works for me.
Regards
Alex

1 Like

Alex What sort of money are you thinking for your VF, even though I really shouldn’t I might be tempted to add another to my fold, given you’re so close its tempting! The VFR750 RC36-1 could be a good choice, it’s become quite a classic in the last few years but still reasonably priced mainly because VFRs don’t die theres still loads about to keep the prices down.

Voycie,
As you know, it’s hard to price VF1000’s as genuine UK spec bikes are so rare but also nothing like as valuable as some of the less rare Hondas. I was hoping for around £1500 but not sure it will reach that on the Ebay auction. I will let the ebay auction run till the end tonight so if you are interested I can only suggest you bid what you are prepared to pay.
Regards
Alex

I think someone got a bargain - thought it would go for more…

1 Like