2004 UK Audit updated

I just resurrected the UK audit info from the old site that I compiled in 2004.

http://honda.vf1000.com/vf1000-2004-uk-audit/

Amazing to think there could still be less than 500 VF’s in the UK, would love to get this info up to date, last time I tried they had stopped giving the info for free, looks like I need to check the piggy bank and try again for 2011.

Peter.

Trying to get that info from them at the moment. They have had a new database system installed that can give easier search modes which don’t require paying outside companies.It was supposed to be up and running mid last year. Let’s see!!

OK, cool, if you get a response please let me know.

Hi Peter,

I first requested this info possibly in 2009 and was far from satisfied with the response they gave, leading to a return letter of complaint. They answered (much to my surprise) with the info about this new database search they were trying to setup with an invitation to re-apply for the info at a later date.
Unfortunately I had only asked for the numbers related to the “R” models. I have had an answer for this request today and have sent a reply asking if he would be good enough to provide the numbers for the “F” models. Can but ask!!

Info supplied.

VF1000RE
22 Licensed
29 SORN

VF1000RF
15 Licensed
21 SORN

VF1000RG
1 Licensed
3 SORN

Will let you know if I get a response from my second request for the "F"s.

Cheers,
Andy

Hi Peter,
I have had my faith restored in the DVLA!! I got a return email today with the numbers for the "F"s. YES, that quick!!!

HONDA
VF1000FE
29 Licensed
63 SORN

HONDA
VF1000F2F
30 Licensed
38 SORN

HONDA
VF1000FF
31 Licensed
47 SORN

Makes a total of 329 UK reg VF’s left.

Cheers,
Andy

Hi, this figure may be misleading, there are some bikes which are not licensed and if not used on the road after 1998 (forget which month) don’t require to be sorn.
Are there any figures for registrations against scrapped.

Vfcrazy

Hi, has any one checked their V5 registration documents, my 1985 vf1000f2 is down as a vf1000fe on the V5. All other details are correct.
So there is a least one less sorn vf1000fe and one more sorn vf1000f2.

If others have this error between models stated on the V5 then the figures are going to be incorrect.

Vfcrazy

I seriously doubt that any of the figures that come from the DVLA are going to be 100% accurate for the reasons you mention and probably a whole lot more, but it does at least give a rough idea of the amount that are left on or off the road.

Wow, that is excellent work Andy, thanks very much. It is possible that the figures are not 100% accurate and a few bikes (or frames - BIF has a few I know of) have been sitting in storage (or in pieces) since 1998 without a SORN, but its as near as we will get and shows how rare the VF1000 is becoming. Begs the question as to where the 88 bikes have gone since 2004?

Thanks again for passing the info on, I will update the main site with the new figures.

Peter.

Updated page with the new figures.

http://honda.vf1000.com/vf1000-2011-uk-audit/