2008 QUIZ....what are these?

Cannot for the life of me work out where these buggers fit…

The pair of cable holders/guides I assume are somewhere up front…though I’m buggered if I can see where they screw on…

The second item, yes, I know it’s a “heatshield”…and it fits in the area in front of the front rocker cover…but again I’m buggered if I can find a place for it…Look closely…there is a small bracket fixed to it…is it the right way round?..can’t remember if it was moved before it went to the painters…C’mon bif and the rest of you Scottish Genii[;)]…I need to now quick as I’m starting to pick up a bit of momentum with the rebuild…Right , here’s the pics
.First, the cable guides…( I think)[:o)]

Secondly, the “heatshield”…( I think again…[:o)])

This time tomorrow it’ll be yesterday

Hi Tim, First two items are the guides for the front brake hoses.They push through from the underside of the front mudguard and bolt onto te bottom of the fork brace.Next item is a heat shield for the carbs.Your picture shows a bracket secured by one screw,the other end of which screws onto the top of the front left hand carb.There shoud be two short lengths of rubber on the leading edge of the shield which fit between two protrusions either side of the front head and rocker cover.Regards BIF

quote:
Originally posted by bif

Hi Tim, First two items are the guides for the front brake hoses.They push through from the underside of the front mudguard and bolt onto te bottom of the fork brace.Next item is a heat shield for the carbs.Your picture shows a bracket secured by one screw,the other end of which screws onto the top of the front left hand carb.There shoud be two short lengths of rubber on the leading edge of the shield which fit between two protrusions either side of the front head and rocker cover.Regards BIF

Absolutely First Class…and for the bonus points…what type of Beer do I like?

Cheers bif…thought I waS GOING CRACKERS WITH THE MUDGUARD CABLE STAYS…[:o)]…Top man… I owe you again…

“on top of the front left hand carb”?..I’ll go and have another look…but I’m guessing I’ll be back with that one…[:I]

This time tomorrow it’ll be yesterday