84 vf1000f wheel finish

I am refurbishing my wheels, I’ll be polishing the rims and painting the spokes black, basically back to stock but with the polished rim, does anyone know what the finish is on the spokes? Is it matte or satin finish, I’m assuming it is black, I’m sort of thinking Matt finish with a clear coat will get the stock look, any input??
Thanks

The wheels are anodised as standard,they should be black but get a blueish tint to them as they fade

“The wheels are anodised as standard,they should be black but get a blueish tint to them as they fade”

On a 1000"F"?

The center spokes on my F were fairly glossy, but the wheel casting is so textured it subdued the gloss finish a bit. Satin would be ok, but they weren’t matte.

F’s sold in markets outside of the US had “boomerang” style Comstars.

Shit, totally forgot. I didn’t think that was the style of wheel he’s talking about by his description. Disregard if I’m mistaken!

None taken,I also assumed the enquiry was for the comstar wheel but at least now he has information for both

1 Like

Shit, you might be right! I assumed he’s talking about Comstars because I totally forgot about the cast wheels!

1 Like

Yes they are the cast wheels not comstar, I would like to get them looking like the picture above, I have some corrosion showing through the clear coat and also the black areas, I have one wheel striped down pretty good and ready for paint, I’ll go with a satin black I think as I don’t want them super shiny.

1 Like

The rim of the wheel is anodized while the “spokes” are cast aluminum. When I redid mine, I used a 2K paint by ProMax and it’s a Satin Matte. Came out very similar to original. I primed with acid etch primer and used Rust-Oleum black paint as the base coat.

1 Like