After market exhaust systems

Do any of the Aussies know were to get a decent 4-2 or 4-1 system for the vf1000’s? If not does anyone make up an aftermarket collector box? I am in S.Aust. but am prepared to get from anywhere.
Cheers.

Hi Jovimill,
best of luck with finding any decent aftermarket exhaust for the VF1000s, rare as hens teeth. I was lucky enough to come across one on a Qld VF FE that a guy was selling cheap. As I already had 2 bikes I didn’t want to pay freight on one from so far away. I convinced him to pull the 4-1 off and post it down to me in Canberra for $600. It’s a Lazer stainless steel unit, very good quality.
There have been people getting custom 4-1 pipes up in Britain and France that have posted on this forum, pretty costly once you factor in freight.
As you’re aware the bikes are comparatively rare now, maybe your best bet is contacting wreckers, most of them would realise if they had one hanging up somewhere as they are so distinctive.
I`m a welder by trade, but the thought of trying to make or modify a 4-2 collector is daunting, as you could do a lot of work and get a shit sounding or performing pipe.
My current roadbike is an FF with the 4-1 on, but I’ll be building up an FE, and think I’ll use original collector- maybe minus some baffles, and short aftermarket cans like many VF 750s were sporting in the day. I reckon they sound better than my 4-1 anyway- it is a very deep note, the shorties seem to get a better wail up high when on the juice.

1 Like

Thanks mate will try some wreckers. In the meantime I stumbled upon a guy in SA that will build just about any exhaust that you can think of. He is a guy that has been doing it for a while but he is slowing down now and doing less work when I have spoken to him I will post his details on this site. He apparently builds heaps of different things. Can’t think of his name at the moment but will look him up and find out what he does.
Cheers
John

1 Like

Well done with locating a great old craftsman, interested to see if it works out. A few VF riders around Sydney and Canberra nowadays. Maybe we should get Bif to give us our own AUS tab on the Forum?

1 Like