Airtech Streamlining replacement fairing

I need a new seat fairing, ref 85 VF1R

My old fairing broke at the bend and the pieces lost when I bought it and is useless, unsalvageable. What I’ve found on eBay are perfect and horribly expensive or broken and moderately expensive. I’ve not found an aftermarket alternative for this bike.

What I have found is from a vfr750. Has anyone tried to adapt an RC24 or RC30 tail fairing from Airtech Streamlining as a replacement?
http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/hondaz/VFR7501986-88.htm

How different are the 750 vs 1000 frames in the tail area? What should I be looking for, or at, to evaluate?

Anything is possible. I have CBR900RR cowls on my RC26 and a VF1000R tail on a VTR250F. But as far as close to bolt on, VF700/750F pieces would prob be the easiest. The VF1000F/R and VF700/750F frames are very similar, but you will still be making some brackets.

Trying to get coverage up past the battery and coolant tank, the RC24/26 cowl is intriguing. I have another VF1000R I recently acquired that I have removed the cowlings and a one piece fiberglass RC24/26 rear cowl handy. I will see how close it gets and report with pics.

Wow! Thanks, can’t wait for your input.
J

Not even close. Not even worth a picture. The 1000R tank is so long and rear cowl is fairly short because of it. When I first held it up it looked very promising, but after removing the starter solenoid, reg/rect and rear taillight it became very apparent. The VFR tail is just too long and it is too narrow in the “waist”. Major modifications required, might as well start from scratch.

I’m gonna remove the 1000R seat from the tail section and play around with a couple more options I might have handy.

Google “VF1000R mutant” for some other ideas. Page 1 has at 3 different approaches in the first 20 images.

Mike.