Clutch Tool?

I’m doing a rebuild on my good old 84 Interceptor. Engine out, heads off. Need to split the crankcase to check crankshaft bearing & other tolerances…

Now I’m at the clutch and I find myself with the bloody lock nut, for which the manual insists I need a special tool. I’ve searched the forum and I see many folks who’ve managed it without the tool… Any suggestions?

Also, am I correct in assuming that a correctly threaded bolt would help me remove the flywheel?

Seriously? no one?

if you have a angle grinder you can make the socket for the clutch center nut out of a 32mm socket, i have the honda fly wheel puller, but it is just basically a threaded bolt…hope this helps

[/img]

Thank you! I have continued my search and discovered that the tool pops up at shops around my area under the name “Lock nut wrench”. Failing that, it’s good to know that I can hack something together.

quote:
Originally posted by vf pete

if you have a angle grinder you can make the socket for the clutch center nut out of a 32mm socket, i have the honda fly wheel puller, but it is just basically a threaded bolt…hope this helps

[/img]