Collector Box inserts..

…for the two rear exhaust downpipes…I bought a pair from David Silverr…months ago and only just opened them…the insulators/inserts are made of a graphite/mica combination…and slide over the ends of the downpipes and in the collector box ends,Unfortunately the outside diameters are too big and wont fit into the collector box ends…Anybody use anything else?

David Silver assures me it’s the correct part number…would the collector box mouths/ends be a smaller diameter for a 750 colector box as it’s one I picked up off Flea-Bay?

…and just to brighten up a dark Wintry British night on a somewhat quiet Forum…

This time tomorrow it’ll be yesterday

Blimey TT, I don’t know about VF750 downpipe diameters but suspect you’re right they are smaller, however, I’m very very impressed that you are making full use of your pic posting skills !!!
Brighten wintry night and liven up board … not half !

Hadleigh,Suffolk.
VF1000FE & ZX7R

Hi Tim,looks like you have the inserts for where the rear downpipes fit the collector rather than the outserts where the tail cans fit.Either that or I may have had a touch too much whisky tonight.
Regards BIF

Just reread your post n think Iveoverdone the whisky again I will try again tomorrow BIF

Thats better,on close inspection of your pic the collector may well be from a 750.Have you offered it up to see if the rear pipes line up with the outlets when the front pipes are in position?Part no. for downpipe seal is 18391-425-000.Outlets on the collector measure approx 42mm dia.Regards BIF

quote:
Originally posted by bif

Just reread your post n think Iveoverdone the whisky again I will try again tomorrow BIF

You bloody alcy bif[^]…yea you have read it wrong…the inserts are for the downpipes into the collector box…ya drunken heathen…

If the inserts have the wrong Part Number on the box then I have obviously got an American copy of the Parts Microfische on CD that I bought off Flea-Bay.

This may also explain why the left hand side mirror I bought from David Silvers a long time ago is not the same as the one that came off the VF in the first place…

Which begs the next question…anyone got a Parts CD for a “British” VF 1000 1984 they could let me have?

Thanks…and whilst I’m waiting I’ll again impress you all with my Picture posting skills.I tell you…this bird just would not leave me alone at the NEC Bike Show last week…Some of us have got it…and some of you haven’t…[;)]

Hello, Tim

Obviously you have:
A) A packing between collector and muffler for VFR400
B) Hell of a chick on your (b)right side

You probably do not have any use for A), but even I could do something with B) : )

I do not know if the 750 collector fits 1000, but let me know, I have one extra 750F collector in my garage, and it would be good to know if it fits to my BolD’or

Kajaani, FINLAND
VF1000F2 -85, VF750S -82

quote:
B) Hell of a chick on your (b)right side

You probably do not have any use for A), but even I could do something with B) : )

I wonder if Dave Silver has a part number for her, reaches for credit card

quote:
Originally posted by bif

Thats better,on close inspection of your pic the collector may well be from a 750.Have you offered it up to see if the rear pipes line up with the outlets when the front pipes are in position?Part no. for downpipe seal is 18391-425-000.Outlets on the collector measure approx 42mm dia.Regards BIF

Hi bif…yea the outlets all line up nicely when I offer the collector box up to the front exhaust ports and rear downpipes.

I am surmising that they are off a 750. …as I bought them off Flea Bay about 3 years ago along with a bottom radiator…when they were delivered I could see that the rad was off a 750…but the collector looks identical to the one I had just scrapped. Shouldn’t be a problem should it?

Just need a pair of correct diameter inserts…[;)]…ehbif?[;)]…ya get that bif?[;)]…just a pair…[:D]

No worries Tim just let me know the inside diameter of the outlet pipe and I will get a pair sorted out.
regards (sober)BIF

quote:
Originally posted by bif

No worries Tim just let me know the inside diameter of the outlet pipe and I will get a pair sorted out.
regards (sober)BIF

The Number on the collector box is…
. ?ANKEL 2134

HMMB2

Woss that then?[:I]

Hi Tim,
HMMB2 says"this is a VF750 collector box" HM being Honda Motor and MB2 being the designation code for the VF750.So whats the ID of those pipes then?
regards BIF

quote:
Originally posted by bif

Hi Tim,
HMMB2 says"this is a VF750 collector box" HM being Honda Motor and MB2 being the designation code for the VF750.So whats the ID of those pipes then?
regards BIF

Shite…anyone want a collector box for a VF 750?[:(]…The Inside Diameter of the collector mouths are only 36 and a half mill…The Outside diameter of the rear downpipes are 35 mill…

Thanks for the info bif…gonna have to do a bodge job…albeit a tidy bodge job…[8D]

Its not a big job Tim.The outlets on the rear of my colector rotted off so I replaced them with two lengths of pipe welded onto the origional weld on the box so that I didnt blow holes in it with the mig.As long as the holes into the box are in the same region as the ID of the rear pipes you will be fine.
Regards BIF

quote:
Originally posted by bif

Its not a big job Tim.The outlets on the rear of my colector rotted off so I replaced them with two lengths of pipe welded onto the origional weld on the box so that I didnt blow holes in it with the mig.As long as the holes into the box are in the same region as the ID of the rear pipes you will be fine.
Regards BIF

Thanks for that bif…that’s along the lines I was thinking…[8D]

Christ…!..aren’t I the Post Whore of vf1000.com !!![:I][:I][:D]