Cooling System Water Pipes.

Hi Guy’s, Smee again Paul F from Aussie [;)]. Having transplanted the VF1000RE motor into my VF1000 FE frame had to change over the direction of the water works for the cooling system R/H to L/H side. In doing so disturbed the seals on the water pipes. When filling with coolant they leaked like sieves. [:I]
Can anybody tell me if they are “O” Ring type seals, or are they specific seals for the job[?] If “O” rings, does someone have the size and thickness so I can obtain a set please.

Paul F
N.S.W
Australia

H Paul,you are looking for 4 O rings that are 13x2.5 for the joints between the heads and the steel pipes and 2 at 21.9x2.3 for the pipe between the two alloy caps at the base of the vee
regards BIF

Hi BIF, Thanks for the info. couldn’t get a hold of the 13x2.5s locally so ended up with 12x3 mm “O” rings. Stretched on nicely and was a firm bump in fit on the OD. Have started the motor several times whilst burning in the new paintwork around the motor & exhaust, kept a close eye on the pipe/seals just in case there was a leak. Looks to be fine.

Paul F
N.S.W
Australia