F2 fork brace ?

G’day ,
Just a quick question on fork braces, i would like to know if the F2’s use a fork brace like the FE’s.I have been looking at a few pictures and i can’t see any. What’s the go? If not, why not?

No the Ff and F2F dont have a fork brace they have different mountings for the front mudguard.We are using a telefix brace with good results.it was bought on Ebay for £15.Regards BIF

I am making some fork braces now for my three 1000’s.This is one i made for an MBX80 so the VF one will be similar but with V-Four machined into the top section.

G,day bif,
Thanks for the reply I thought the F2’s would run a brace just like the FE , they are both pretty much the same bike putting out around the same horsepower only one running a 16" wheel and the other a 18" wheel , both probably flex and twist as much as each other, any way the reason I ask is the chrome on my FE forks is rusted and keeps stuffing my seals . But i have a spare front end of an F2 including 18" wheel and good chrome but no brace now I know why !

Hi crooky the brace looks good nice and shiny , a fair bit of work involved in making them I bet ?

quote:
Originally posted by Bluey

G,day bif,
Thanks for the reply I thought the F2’s would run a brace just like the FE , they are both pretty much the same bike putting out around the same horsepower only one running a 16" wheel and the other a 18" wheel , both probably flex and twist as much as each other, any way the reason I ask is the chrome on my FE forks is rusted and keeps stuffing my seals . But i have a spare front end of an F2 including 18" wheel and good chrome but no brace now I know why !

Hi crooky the brace looks good nice and shiny , a fair bit of work involved in making them I bet ?

Take about 3 hrs to make the 1st one,after that only about 1 1/2 hrs so not too bad