Gone quiet again

yeah… thats the only problem Australia… its full of highly venomous snakes, frogs and spiders, all of which will kill you for a laugh [:D][:D]… nice spray work tony

Thanks Pete, I am fairly happy with the result so far, especially since I am teaching myself how to paint with a little help from Youtube. I still think I can get a better finish though.

That snake was an Eastern Brown snake, deadly little bugger. This one was only a bit over a metre long, they usually grow to around 1.8 metres and some have been recorded at almost 3 metres.

Though you can’t see it in the pic, this snake has no head. When they come too close to the house I grab a rake and spade, pin them with the rake and lop off their head with the spade.

Have now got a Kerry Kc14 (14ltr)ultrasonic cleaning bath so when the carbs come off soon its a super clean they will be and this time I will seal all air leaks so it will rub smooth as silk[:D]

Jealous! That is an expensive sucker…looked it up and the only one I can find in Australia is $4685 AUD!!!

tony… i thought that snake looked pretty much dead,

windy, that is a nice piece of kit [:)], i have to make do with a 2 litre one which means i have to do the carbs one at a time and keep turning them… just like frying a nice piece of haddock [:D]

it cost me £60.00 and £15.00 postage but he had lost the lid in his workshop but I contacted Guyson spares on the phone and ordered a new lid in stock for £59.95 delivered.

It was worth buying a new lid to make it complete

total buy £135.00

I was looking at another one on eBay but it sold for wait for it

</font id=“size3”>£671.00 [:0]
out of my price range i am afraid

if you want carbs cleaned contact me

If only you were on this side of the world!

Have all you Brits gone into hibernation?

Not far off! I’m drowning myself in drink[}:)] its constantly pissing it down with rain here[V]

yep, rain rain rain and more rain [V]… its getting to that depressing time of year, had to buy another 4 wheeled chariot as my last one has died and gone to the big crusher [V], its comforting to know it will probably be reincarnated as a fridge or something [:D]

Was hoping to have another good ride out on the vf but my road tax expires end of month so only a couple of weekends left, praying for a bit of decent weather,

Good to hear that we have swapped weather patterns! Just getting to that great time of the year down here in Oz, sun, bikes and beer! If only the wind would die down below 80 kph! Spring in Australia is the windiest season, is it the same for you guys in Britain? Not much fun riding in a straight line at a 45 degree lean, then ride past a windbreak and feel like you are about to fall over.

Even here the weather is quite bad! Some rain this week but at 4 this morning,a thick fog was my main problem and even with a xenon kit in my VF’s headlamp,going to work was an ordeal!

If your bored with the rain and wind here is a vid I took with a pocket Sony phone in Topeka Kansas this year.
Sun Sun and More sun and open roads 35days of it
My brother calls it the Dover run.

enjoy

Nice video Lloyd, the old Maxim looks to be in bloody good shape after 31 Years! Sadly I was unable to hear much of what you said for the wind noise. Looks to be a good ride though.

think I needed a helmet cam really but will fix something up next year when I get back for summer time
for now just make money to pay for it[8D]

Hi Windy, try the Mini DV camera off Ebay, its not a proper action camera but it can be mounted on your lid, it isn’t waterproof though!
It only costs around £8-£14 depending on supplier and deal, mine came with an 8gb mini sd card, if I get chance when its not raining I’ll put some video’s on.