has everyone gone stark stareing bonkers

following my recent shoping trip through the listings of ebay, i cant help but notice the three pristeen vf1000r’s, all of which have been imported into the country and are awaiting DVLA age related plates, and all in the £8000 to £9000 price bracket, now ive got to admit these bikes look well, and if £8500 wasn’t a huge sum of money to me i would definatly be in the market for one.
I may be wrong on this, but it seems that bikes in this price bracket are aimed at the collector market, but surely if you were a collector or potentual show exibiter you would want a genuine Uk bike, and has anything changed since last year when vf1000r’s were listing and relisting continually on ebay for month’s and month’s at £5500 to £6500 and not selling, and im assuming those bikes will be back on ebay again this year…
I have nothing against imported bikes, its the only way we got to see the wonderfull rvf400 etc, i do think the prices have to be more realistic, the only good thing i can see is, if it carries on at this rate there will be more R’s than F’s in the UK, then maybe the prices will come down, assuming they dont all get locked away in heated garages never to see the open road again. >:(

And european VF1000R in fair/good condition are slow sellers for less than £3000/4000 in France, Belgium and Nederland…

The way VF750 prices are rising ( why ?) they’ll soon be as pricey as VF1000R’s !! The “Classic” bike market in the UK is extremely erratic and completely unpredictable. Example ? In their day the Suzuki GT 550’s were very popular and drawled over whereas the little brother 380 was scoffed at because it was lardy, slow, expensive and with no electric start - a bit of a joke compared with its rivals at the time. Now ? Totally the opposite. They are being priced the same - if not higher than the 550’s and there really is no contest. Another ? Suzuki GT250’s. Bucket of poo compared with their predecessor the T250J and for ages the T250 and even the X7 that came after the GT were fetching good money ( rightly so) whereas the GT languished unloved ( rightly so ) But now the GT’s are fetching very high prices - for what reason ? Anyway, I’ve got no time for people who buy bikes with their head and not their hearts. Motorcycling is a passion and should have no place for accountants (unless they happen to loves bikes of course)