how many Bol D'ors down under?

I’m sure this question has been raised in the distant past. I’m curious. Just how many Bol D’ors, running and registered, remain in Australia and New Zealand? Apart from my own I have not seen another (roadworthy) in well over a decade. I checked the stats at this website- 458 units were imported between April 1985 and May 1986. I own two of them (one on the road, the other is for parts). My local motorcycle wrecker must have the body parts (all cracked and damaged) from at least 4 separate bikes. So that leaves 452 unaccounted for. Keen to hear from owners what remains of this very underrated bike.

I just got the sump off an F2 motor from A wrecker in Canberra for my 85 FF, there’s another F2 owner from ACT on this forum.

Old old post I know, but I’ve got two in Melbourne. Trying to make one excellent bike from the 2 at the moment.

1 Like

Another guy on the Forum is rebuilding a Bol in Narooma NSW. If you get stuck I can probably help with a spare carb body?

Thanks mate. Will let you know how I get on

I have got my VF1000 FII back in 2002. It was in a shed in Tasmania for 15 years. Sadly, it was by a window, and the right side of the bike had faded. In 2013, I ended up in a hospital off and on for several years. All good now. I have had the bike repainted. I am currently replacing the seal/rubber parts plus the 36,000 Km service and disks/pads. I also am fitting Michelin Road Classic Motorcycle Tyres.

That’s a cracker mate!

Just got the parts to strip down the carbs clean and replace all the seals.