HOW MUCH

Just been looking at Bike trader and there is a low mileage 1000RG on there.Nice looking bike and extremely rare but its up for £10500.I think the old rose coloured specs are coming on for the 1000r’s now.If you read the road tests from the day they get a slating and thats why they were good value 2nd hand.I love all my VF’s because they are cheap and a nice bike to ride but £10500 seems an awful lot of cash.Perhaps its just because i cant afford it.

My point would be Where can you spend £200.00 a year on the road for so much fun.[:D]
Cannot wait till June Till my baby’s back on the tarmac[;)]

It looks nice! but at £10,500…

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201204444707264/sort/default/usedbikes/cc-from/700cc/cc-to/1100cc/model/vf/make/honda/postcode/wf95ba/radius/1501/page/2/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

yeah i agree, looks a nice bike but at that price its way too expensive, i still think they are dear when they come up at about 4 grand, and it could only be of interest to a v4 enthusiast…mmmm… thats a idea… maybe we should all chip in and buy it… just emptied my pockets, ive got the first £7.50, the rest is up to you chaps lol.

on another note, just been out for my first run on vf, after riding the kwak 11 for the last 3 years i’d forgot just how good and comfortable the riding position is on the vf, and on nice smooth roads its a really nice ride.

Just chucked another £600 at mine, hopefully back on the road early June.

it does look like a nice ride but seems way too expensive even in aus dollars.
nearly finished my vf1000f that my brother gave me and it is looking good, just needs a steam clean and fuel tap seal done then i need to save for regestration. can’t wait to get this thing on the road. it WILL defenately be ready for Phillip Island next February/March.
super bikes here we come.

quote:
Originally posted by philjo

hi phil, yep its frightening how fast these old bikes can eat through money, think this time im upto about £200 on bits and bobs, could do with a front tyre… its got loads of tread but its about 10 years old and rock hard.

Hi all, Seems a lot of you have the hots for a rothmans, so what about this one? Been here for a while now with no takers. Looks ok from pics so could be worth while asking for few more closer detail pics. Price is a little more sensible too!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-vf-1000-r-rothmans-iscritta-registro-storico-asi-stupenda-/130690141070?pt=Moto_e_Scooter&hash=item1e6dbd4b8e

Good luck to whoever.[8D]

quote:
Originally posted by vf pete
quote:
Originally posted by philjo

hi phil, yep its frightening how fast these old bikes can eat through money, think this time im upto about £200 on bits and bobs, could do with a front tyre… its got loads of tread but its about 10 years old and rock hard.

Yes the tyres, mine are legal but rock hard, I felt a few times the bike was going to let go, my heart was in my mouth and my arse was twitching,[:0][:0] so once its back up and running I'm going to have a look around for a pair (of tyres)

I like this forums.

sbobet thai online

Hi Coastrider, that seems a good price but without a photo and more details its hard to say. Getting back to prices, its always a shame when the “investers” get on the band wagon. Instead of people paying sensible money for a bike they want to fettle and ride for the sheer joy of it they come along and think $$$££££ - throw daft money at it, stick them in a showroom or garage then try an punt them out + 350%. Never mind “twas ever thus”

Martin