hulme end 2017

hi fred,
nice to hear from you, hope your wifes health improves… yes i thought martin looked rather dapper, especialy since it was his 86th birthday the week before, i do think we will make it across the channel into france one day.
next year we have the scottish trip to look forward to in may, and also plans are being made for a ride into spain with martin in june, and hulme end again in august and hopefully a few other meet ups/ride outs as well.

pete

Steady on Pete - it was actually my 85th birthday!
As you say, it’s good to see you back on the forum again Fred. We’re all hoping circumstances will only improve for your wife and that you can then “come out to play” again. As Pete said, we’ll be doing the Cantabria run in June next year so pencil that one in Fred.
All the best to you both.

I was sad to have missed this myself as it would have been great to meet up, but I picked up a very persistent ear infection in the spring so have not been riding much and have been unable to plan anything. Hopefully it is on the mend now and am just starting to do short rides and “playing it by ear” so to speak…

Spain is my favourite place to ride…sounds interesting, have been a few times but only on newer tackle.

Hi Bart. .
Ive not been to Spain on the bike before so it’s going to be a bit of a learning curve for me… think its going to be a whole heap of fun on the vf…

yeh pete thanks it was a great run out.
thanks to all for help with my damn topbox, got new one fitted now screwed on, no catches to fail.

but yeh thanks everyone for a good weekend.

Ahhh. I had forgot about the top box incident… glad you managed to make it all the way home without it trying to jump off its rack :)… I think yourself and marmite had got the refastening well under control before I got there… its the only bikers meet up I’ve been on where one of the members just happened to have a cordless drill on them :o

1 Like