Keihin FCR39 & FCR41 Carbs for VF1000R

JB Power Japan is now in series production with Keihin FCR39/FCR41 flat slide carburetor sets for the VF1000R all model years. Might also work with VF1000F but not advertised as such. If you are interested in purchasing a set please contact: bito@jb-power.co.jp and tell them you saw this posted on VF1000.com

1 Like

Hi V4Man
Thanks for the flat slide info,
Can you tell me if the original 1000r and 1000f carburetor Bodies are
interchangeable.
Regards groov

Hi @groov
, they are interchangeable. The only differences that I have found are jetting, and the ID codes stamped on the side of each carb body. I have a few sets of each, and I’ll be replacing 1 R carb that has a damaged body with the equivalent F carb.
I’m away for the next few days, but call me Friday onwards if you need to chat 0428 298 994
Cheers
Greg

Thanks Speedy
I didnt think Honda would have wasted money on different carburetors
That makes it easier sourcing bits for them.
I’ll give you a call on the weekend.
cheers groov

I was inspired today and decided I had to sort and rationalise all the R parts. There were R bits in a few different bins and locations in the shed. Realised that the best plan was to mock up the bike, and sort out the best parts to use from my FE, FF, and R parts.
The plan is now that I’ve sorted the best parts from multiples I can now identify any missing bits, and concentrate on rebuilding components in a logical way.
Pics show the bits just hung off the frame without bodywork to ensure that they are the correct fitting RE parts, rather than FE or FF.
I’ve got 2 frames, this one currently has CBR 1000 F forks and wheels. Not sure if I’ll get the bike rolling with CBR wheels which are nice 17 inch, and easy to get good rubber for, or fit the R wheels and brakes?

2 Likes