Looking for VF1000R "Twin Headlight" Conversion

Let me start off by saying HI to all… I’m a newb… Just got my first “real” sport bike. Yes… an '85 VF1000R. It was love at first site.

I’m in the USA… so it has the stock single square headlamp. I really love the euro twin headlamp, and would like to convert it!

Anyone have one they would sell me? Or point me in the right direction as to where i can find one?

Thanks!

Hi
I would think you have a right job on there to find someone whos prepared to part with one.
You may have to look at after market fairing makers

Best of luck

I suggest to search both German and UK Ebay, you may be lucky. The fairing has already a correct opening, but there are differences in the stay. As far as I remember correct (I converted my F2 from single to dual headlight few years ago), the stay can be changed to take the double headlight unit, some welding is required, nothing really difficult. You need to add relays to handle the current, Honda used headlight relays in dual headlight models but not in single headlight models. That is easy, and helps you to have better power for the lights.
So to say: the R and F2 double headlight units are same, but stays are model-specific. If you find UK ones, the light pattern is not exactly correct for driving on right side.

quote:
Originally posted by BAGMF0

Let me start off by saying HI to all… I’m a newb… Just got my first “real” sport bike. Yes… an '85 VF1000R. It was love at first site.

I’m in the USA… so it has the stock single square headlamp. I really love the euro twin headlamp, and would like to convert it!

Anyone have one they would sell me? Or point me in the right direction as to where i can find one?

Thanks!

Hello
Me too would like to do the conversion, now i got the double beam, but what else is needed. I understand, theres a adjusting box to adjust the lights and lateraly clamps are needed. Also a cable set to regulate the position from the front…
Tks for advising
Sergio