main radiator

ok the bike is almost complete BUT i need the main radiator as the origional has sprung a leak… is a new part still available??? or a good second hand there is one ive seen on ebay but it looks no better than the one i have( sorry if its one of your listings) any help… yes i have sent the origional for recoring but its not going well… thanks…

CMS have one listed but it’s over 600 Euros with taxes!!! I’d keep an eye open for a good used one on fleabay. Some US breakers ship to the UK and the climate over there means the parts are quite oftenm in very good condition.

My radiator sprung a leak, I have not yet got around to sorting it, I contacted Wakefield radiator services who said they could re-core it and replace the vanes with a rough guide of £75 thats without them seeing the rad, I used them some years ago for rebuilding rads on vintage cars, I believe they are also pressure tested, Serck services used to do them some years ago but dont know if they still do, I bought two myself off Ebay but they are the wrong ones, plus I’m not keen about using old radiators anyway,

i think 600 euros is a little over priced… ill keep scouring the small adds and breaker…[:)]

There is also this place I have heard of, http://www.acradiators.co.uk/motorcycle_radiators.php
as NOS gets harder to find this will probably be the route we have to take,

thanks philjo looks a good site ill get in touch and let you know how i get on

i got a new core fitted to mine cost £100 from local rad repiar shop

I have got my radiator back from wakefield Radiator Services, I had a full recore and new vanes, the new cores are a gnats widgy larger, hopefully they should be ok, £72.00 inc VAT

hi bro iv tried emailing you i suppose you didnt get email . i have a main rad give me a bell to talk if you want to that is

quote:
Originally posted by burbrew

ok the bike is almost complete BUT i need the main radiator as the origional has sprung a leak… is a new part still available??? or a good second hand there is one ive seen on ebay but it looks no better than the one i have( sorry if its one of your listings) any help… yes i have sent the origional for recoring but its not going well… thanks…

sorry bro forgot to put my number down 07809369584 name is geordie

did you get the rad you were looking for