meeting at the end of July

Looks like its going to be a nice weekend for the GBVFK weekend at Hulme End. I`ll get there mid to late afternoon on the Friday with my tent.
My mobile is 07917569211 so those of you who are coming - make a note of that and give me a call when you arrive or whatever.

The meeting place is The Manifold Pub on Saturday morning the 28th at 10.00.

Pip Pip [8D]

I’ll be there, 10.00am rain or shine[:D]
Anyone else coming?

me too [:D]

Thatll be at least 3 Vfs parading round Matlock to the admiring glances of the locals.
That’s fine for me but it would be a shame if that’s the best the whole of the UK could muster on this wonderful weekend in a wonderful part of the world.
Come on you guys, stop polishing the bikes and get out on them !

My vf is all packed up and ready, just need to fuel up[:D][:D][:D][:D]

a few pics from the vf meet on Saturday 27th, myself and phil arrived at the manifold pub around 9.00am, there was no one else there so we made our way to the camp site where marmite was just emerging out of his tent.
After the introductions and a few cups of tea we heard the rumble of another vf arriving, i was suprised to see crooky’s old bike and new owner Ian arrive, after a natter we decided to have a ride out to matlock bath which is always popular with bikers.
ive got to say hulme end campsite and the surrounding country is stunning.
Anyway after the bacon butties and more tea in matlock it was off to CMC motorcycles at clay cross, more food and tea , and a look around the bike show room, then off to bakewell and more tea.
All in all a excellent day out, was nice to meet up with marmite and ian who i haddent met before and talk all thing vf, and nice to see a few of these old bikes together again.

Thanks Pete, well it actually happened and a few of the old bangers got together plus a few VFs as well !! Im not too familiar with the Peak District but boy - its a stunning area. The camp site was perfect for being cheap and basic. This kept away a lot of the families and over crowing.The weather was superb all day Saturday as the 4 bikes snaked their way through the fabulous valleys and villages before descending on CMC M/Cs in Clay Cross. Some nice machines there but would you pay £15,000.00 for a 1967 Triumph 650 Bonneville - even if it was in lovely condition ?
Pete, had to get back to Barnsley and Ian to Nottingham so it was Phil and me who took a leisurely cruise back to the camp site by about 18.00. It was then it started to spit with rain and whilst we were in the Manifold pub having some excellent vitals and local ale - the heavens opened. It was clear we were going to be in for a watery night and fingers crossed the tents would hold out. It seems they both did and by the morning the sun was shining again and a lovely day looked on the cards. Now that’s my kind of weather.
Anyway, Phil and I went our separate ways after a hearty breakfast in the pub ( again ) with ideas that we should do it again sooner rather than later because a good time was definitely had by all ( 4 )
Those of you who thought about coming but didn’t for whatever reason missed a good weekend and should be it in your diary for the next one. Watch this space.

Yes a great weekend out, finished off with a visit to the Vintage Jap show,
I might have the VF in the original white/red/blue finish for the next meet[8D]

Looks like you had a great time, thanks for the pics!

I was going to come up on the saturday on my Harley to say hello but work got in the way as normal.Spoke to Ian last week about the VF before and after he bought my old one.

i am gutted they didnt do my bike Hulme End is right on my doorstep and on one of my favourite routes round the Peak Park . feel like a right twat with having 2 vf’s that arent working and cant fix them myself and them who said they would fix them didnt and i had paid £100 up front to get them done. Anyway when I get some money sorted I will get these bikes back on the road if only for a short while before they are both sold off…

quote:
Originally posted by radicalrabit

i am gutted they didnt do my bike Hulme End is right on my doorstep and on one of my favourite routes round the Peak Park . feel like a right twat with having 2 vf’s that arent working and cant fix them myself and them who said they would fix them didnt and i had paid £100 up front to get them done. Anyway when I get some money sorted I will get these bikes back on the road if only for a short while before they are both sold off…

Whats wrong with your VF's,i have heaps of spares left over so sure we can sort it.

Sorry not to join you, esp after I expressed an interest at original idea. Circumstances were against me however, next time maybe? Sorry again you few, you noble few !

Crooky, after discussing things with Pete and Phil, Im thinking of putting an FE rear end on my FF. It requires the 2 x side panels, the tail piece,( including light) seat and vertical metal battery strap. Don't suppose youve got that lot - or anyone else for that matter ?

Martin

I had all the parts you need till a few weeks ago when I exchanged all of them to a friend doing the same project as your’s on a ff/choda side car combination… I even gave him a one seater seat cover I had in a corner of my shed!

All my stuff is ff im afraid.

Fred, AAARRRRHHHHHH … what poor luck for me. Did you have to tell me how close I was to getting all I needed ??

Martin

Sorry, Martin… But a friend of mine,iron monger by trade,may have the whole lot. Do you want me to have a pint with him and ask for a price with a bit of haggling?

That would be good please Fred. No problem if its too late but let me offer him £100.00 and I`ll collect one day - from the Dordogne region ? I have a contact in the Poitiers area who could pick them up for me and keep them until he and I meet up again.
Looking at the pictures, it looks like -
1 - a special seat
2 - a tail piece
3 - rear light
4 - side panels ?

Cheers
Martin

Hi Martin,
I’ll go and have a pint with “Calou” next week. Yesterday,I found a side panel forgotten in a dark corner of the shed, it’s already your’s! And I’ve enough room to keep the lot if needed till you come to collect it!
Fred