Muffler problems

Have looked original mufflers (or even pattern parts) for my VF1000F2. Producers like Sito mostly know only VF1000F. Is it same muffler with VF1000F2 ? Anyway I know, that the peg holders are different (rear peg height is not same in F and F2), but do the same mufflers fit ? MIVV offers same muffler type for both models, but they are 5 cm too short comparing to original.
David Silverhas originals available, but they had only right side in stock, number 18330-MB6-611. In other place there was a full pair, number 18340-MB6-630. I know that the 611 is used in most European countries, but what is the 630 muffler, does anybody know?
I have downloaded the parts manual for F2 from VF1000.com, but (in my opinion) it seems to show more or less F-model parts (like peg holders or fairing) which are different comparing to F2 parts. Any knowledge on that issue ?

with best regards
Pekka from Finland

Part two:
Has anybody a new original LH muffler part number 18430-MB6-630 for Vf1000F2 for sale ? David Silver had only RH ?

greetings,
Pekka from Finland

who needs a signature

Hello Pekka,

Last year I fitted new mufflers to my 86’F2. The brand name is Neta, they have a gold casing and sound very close to the original mufflers.

Hey Guys…!

My info (many and varied) says the F2 silencers are the same as the FE - FF models. You can buy MIVV replica copies for £155 per pair (plus VAT & P&P = about £200) They’re VERY well made and finished - David Silver Spares.http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/index.html

I’ve just fitted a pair to my FE… Runs very sweet now. The pipes don’t use the Honda carbon seal between collector silencer (a smear of assembly paste was good enough) amd they come with stainless clamps instead of using the Honda OEM clamps (pity, I have the clamps, but the pipes are too small to use them, so I have two stainless bands arounf the exhaust - looks OK, but not “original”…

Also (apparently) they’re 2" shorter than the OEM Honda parts…

Interestingly, I took off a pair of Motad Neta silencers… They are in Very Good condition, but Motad never listed silencers for the VF1000, only for the VF750F… (Check for a “TYP NVF7R” stamp under “BSAU193/T2” it’s the model application stamp…) The MIVV silencers have greatly improved mid-range performance and mpg on my bike… I’ve only done about 500 miles on them so far, but the difference is amazing…[:D]

I think that Jama are also listing silencers, but they’re in bright chrome, not black (WHY…[?]!

MITI-BABE
Sunny Scotland - North(ish)
VF1000FE - (MB6 - '84)
XS1100S - (5K7 - '85)

My silencer problems are over: Got right one from my friend (learned to know him by my work with log houses) in Japan, and left one from Wentsch & Klink in Germany. Original Honda things. As far as I know, Sito makes mufflers to VF1000 too, length is about right. These aftermarket producers sell same pipe to 750;s and both 1000 models, although they are not same in the Honda parts list. For example the angle of muffler is not same in F (16 inch front wheel) and F2 models, footpeg holders are different. My F2 had a F holder on the right, and original on the left side, and the ends of mufflers (and footpegs too) were in different height. Not any more. Got the bike down from assembly lift yesterday, and it is soon ready for spring’s first ride. How to post pictures here, are there any instructions somewhere? Miti-Babe: could you please have a photo of the rear carrier, I should make something by myself. Email is koivu (at) kajaani (dot) net thanks in advance

who needs a signature

dnapekko

I’ll post a piccy in the gallery as soon I’ve hosted it somewhere on www… It’s a very simple tubular steel design that requires the removal of the two aluminium rails under the seat.

If you are planning to make your own, I would start off with an old carrier from a bike breakers and remove everything except the “luggage tray”. This could than be welded to a custom built support. Eurodesign appear to have used 25 mm (od) tube for their support and welded on mounting plates made from 25 x 3 mm flat bar. The precise location of the mounting points can be measured directly from the aluminium rails…

Let me know when you’re ready for the dimensions and I’ll break out my tape measure for you…

MITI-BABE
Sunny Scotland - North(ish)
VF1000FE - (MB6 - '84)
XS1100S - (5K7 - '85)

Hello, Miti-Babe. Just a picture would be enough. The rear end in F is a bit different comparing to F2, this makes measuring unnecessary. I already have the top plate of my Wingrack, and going to make the rest.

Pekka in Finland, first ride of spring will be TODAY!!!

who needs a signature