Need tyres quickly

Hi, thanks for the heads up, I have a guy who’s married to my cousins daughter and has his own tyre business and he wants £15.00 for each tyre, I think I’ll buy a tyre machine!!
I also buy all my car tyres from him :rage::rage::rage:.
Cheers Paneuro.

I got my new tyres yesterday and decided to fit them myself. I assume the sort of pointy wing is the rotational mark as I can’t see any other instruction relating to that, I hope I’m right. Paneuro.

There should be an arrow showing rotation direction plus a white dot on the sidewall that should be in line with the valve. Let us know how you go with the fitting. I will be fitting some new tyres shortly but hate using a tyre dealer as they are so careless with jacking up the bike and fitting the tyres.
Do you have any protective cover on your tyre levers to stop the rims being marked?

1 Like

Hi, I got that but the rotation arrow is a bit vague, however it is all that I have to go on. I would post a picture but I don’t know how to do that. I have fitted both tyres with little problems. Regards the rim protection I used a plastic lid from a fat ball tub and cut 4 bits about 3 inches long from the edge. Plenty of fairy liquid and I had no problem. I broke the bead in the vice. I did nothing regarding the balance but at the speed I intend doing it shouldn’t matter. If it’s a problem then I will have a go at balancing them. Hope this helps. Paneuro

2 Likes