New guy

Hello Guys/Gals

I’m new to the list, but not V4 Honda’s. I recently was gifted a very clean low mileage VF1000f. I call western North Carolina home. My favorite V4 has always been the VF750s warts and all. I’m a avid track day rider and enjoy mixing it up with the youngsters. I look forward to gathering all the knowledge and experience form the group.

Tim Schwab

82 VF750s
03 CBR600rr
84 VF1000f

Hi Tim, you may well remember my hero Freddie Spencer who rode the VF’s faster than they ever should have. I’ve met him in person at the old classic events he attends in Europe now.

I’ve never had the chance to see Fast Freddie in person. You Tube lets me enjoy Spencer’s win on the VF at Daytona.

World Champion in the Moto GP 250cc and 500cc class’s - IN THE SAME YEAR! 1983 ( I think ) That will never be done again.

hi tim,
welcome to the forum…
i saw freddie spencer at squires bikers cafe a few years ago, myself and phil went down on the vf’s to listen to one of his talks, it was the back end of october but i was suprised that nearly everyone else who attended the event came in cars, i soon realised that it was so the passengers could have a drink… and once the talk got on the way i realised just how much i could have done with a drink or eight, freddie spencer seams a nice bloke, fantastic racer, but dreary speaker, but saying that he got a standing applause at the end… im sure they were all drunk though.

1 Like

Thanks Pete,

Fast Freddie seems to speak from a script per se. I always enjoyed listening to Kenny Roberts talk about Freddie’s lack of a riding style. I only wish I had a tea cup full of eithers talent.

Welcome, and good choices in the V4 stable.