New Member Here

Hello, people
Just found this site, and joined immediately. I am a happy owner of 1985 VF1000F2, and going to make some restoration in coming harsh Finnish winter. You may hear from me again, when start to find out what do I need and what I do not know.

greetings,
Pekka from Finland

quote:
Originally posted by dnapekko

Hello, people
Just found this site, and joined immediately. I am a happy owner of 1985 VF1000F2, and going to make some restoration in coming harsh Finnish winter. You may hear from me again, when start to find out what do I need and what I do not know.

greetings,
Pekka from Finland

Hello Pekka…this site looks quiet at the moment. I don’t know where everybody is. I too have just found this site and immediately joined. I am in work at the moment and will e-mail you when I get home.
Am rebuilding a 1984 VF 1000 FE at the moment.
I haven’t had a good look at the moment but the most recent contributors to this site haven’t put their e-mail addresses in their profile, therefore I cannot give them a wake-up call[|)]

Looks like there’s just the two of us at the moment to kickstart this forum…unless[:D]

This time tomorrow it’ll be yesterday

[/quote]

Hello Pekka…this site looks quiet at the moment. I don’t know where everybody is. I too have just found this site and immediately joined. I am in work at the moment and will e-mail you when I get home.
Am rebuilding a 1984 VF 1000 FE at the moment.
I haven’t had a good look at the moment but the most recent contributors to this site haven’t put their e-mail addresses in their profile, therefore I cannot give them a wake-up call[|)]

Looks like there’s just the two of us at the moment to kickstart this forum…unless[:D]

[/quote]

Sure. Hope som others pop up here too, actually I have here a technical question, but I’ll send it as new topic.
best regards, Pekka

who needs a signature

Welcome Pekka and Tim!

Yeah this forum is a bit quiet isn’t it, glad to have you here though and good luck with your restoration Tim, we’ve got an F2 and an R requiring lots of TLC but haven’t got round to doing anything with them this year, although I’ve had some fun on my FE over the summer - almost time to put it to bed again for the winter. Hopefully I’ll have my 4 into 1 exhaust fitted come next Spring - can’t wait to see how it sounds!

cheers

Peter

Hiya Pekka,

Welcome aboard! [8D]

Some of us are just a little slow!!!

Ah - VF1000F2 - Nice bike - not that I’m in the slightest bit biased! [;)]

Iain
www.ogilvie.org/bikes.htm

Hello, Iain
Oh, you’re the reason why new plastics and mufflers are that difficult to find. Arrgghh. But anyway, have got somethin’ used, somethin’ new,and more is coming. Hope to have my VF in same kind of looks next summer. Mine is red, with single headlight and red mirrors. Ebay in Germany is really a great help.

who needs a signature

Hiya,

Sorry! [:I]

Yes - if you are looking for Bol D’Or parts - eBay Germany ois your friend - most of my panels (and a few spares) have come from Germany - I suspect the F-II was quite poipular in Germany. In the UK it bombed - a great pity as I think it’s a peach of a motorcyle - with bags of character…

Good luck with your restoration - anything in particular you need parts wise?

Iain
http://www.ogilvie.org/bikes.htm

Yeah, apart from David Silver, the German Ebay is squeezing my poor wallet. Luckily have even a friend in Japan, who managed to get a pair of original mufflers. At the moment I am mostly looking for steering handles, since they are not original in my bike, I assume (wrong colour, hand hits fairing when steering fully turned). The fairing “gage, cradle ?” is also not in 100 shape, but probably can be straightened. Yes, it is a great bike, and hope to have it in original glory. Because of the bad reputation, VF-models will be rare in few years, especially Bol D’ors.

Pekka

who needs a signature

quote:

Yeah, apart from David Silver, the German Ebay is squeezing my poor wallet. Luckily have even a friend in Japan, who managed to get a pair of original mufflers. At the moment I am mostly looking for steering handles, since they are not original in my bike, I assume (wrong colour, hand hits fairing when steering fully turned). The fairing “gage, cradle ?” is also not in 100 shape, but probably can be straightened. Yes, it is a great bike, and hope to have it in original glory. Because of the bad reputation, VF-models will be rare in few years, especially Bol D’ors.

Pekka

The things you say you want have all been on e-bay recently…and haven’t sold. They are in the States and are dirt cheap…the postage usually costs more. Watch out for them coming back on e-bay soon…and if you have an e-bay user name…e-mail it to me and then I will know if you are bidding…and will leave it alone. I’ll email you my ebay user name also.

Tim…( I know …I’ve posted reply in Pekkas post Doh !)

who needs a signature

Thanks Tim,
I may look in European Ebay, since mailing costs and customs duties are higher when ordering from US. The part number for UC/Canada Interceptor handles are different, obviously the difference is not big. I use name “pekkakoivu” in Ebay.

best regards
Pekka

who needs a signature

quote:

Thanks Tim,
I may look in European Ebay, since mailing costs and customs duties are higher when ordering from US. The part number for UC/Canada Interceptor handles are different, obviously the difference is not big. I use name “pekkakoivu” in Ebay.

best regards
Pekka

Cheers Pekka…I will e-mail you my e-bay username…

ADMIN</font id=“size4”>…can you delete Pekka’s post with his ebay username on? There are some unscrupulous bastids about these days if ya know what I mean[:0]

Ta , Tim[:D]
who needs a signature

What’s the point here ? My username will be seen in every auction where I make an offer, eh ? By clicking that anyone can see some more information. BTW, anybody have decent steering handle pipes for F2 for sale ?

who needs a signature

quote:

What’s the point here ? My username will be seen in every auction where I make an offer, eh ? By clicking that anyone can see some more information. BTW, anybody have decent steering handle pipes for F2 for sale ?

who needs a signature

O.K. just didn’t think it was the thing to do …etiquette and all that.[:D]

Tim