New to VF forum

Hi there I was buying my first street legal motorcycle and it happens to be a Honda VF 1000 F Interseptor 1984 it has got 28ooo miles on it and is running, just had some problems with my fuel cut of relay but thanks to this forum I saw an article where someone took care of this problem with a universal relay that does not cost a lot.
I live in Iceland and the local dealer for Honda does not have any spare parts for these bikes any more so I have to rely on the internet.
I don´t know how to post a picture in this forum yet so maybe someday I will. In the winter time I´m going to re paint it because it has got a terrible green and gray colour on it and it looks awful, but it is fun to ride.
I think by now I have read almost all of the articles all of you have been writing so I just wanted all of you to know that my bike is running and is in pretty good shape.
I need to buy tho lower cowl I think that is what it is called the plastic that is back of the front wheels and hides the exhaust tubes.
Now i´m not going to write more for now so all of you won´t get bored in my first post.

Hello, good to find people from Iceland around on Honda V4-sites [:D]
I’m from Norway, but I also know many V4-owners in Sweden and Denmark. And one from Iceland, Ragnar G, VF1100S/V65 Sabre owner.
Here’s his photo gallery:
http://community.webshots.com/user/raggun

quote:
Originally posted by jinx

I don´t know how to post a picture in this forum yet so maybe someday I will.

Hi, welcome to the forum and greetings from Scotland!

To post pictures just click the “insert image” button and then paste the link to your pictures between the image tags, you need to host your pictures online or use a picture hosting service, hope this help!

cheers

Peter.

Hiya jinx,and welcome to the Site …sounds like you’re having fun…a bloody good bike to start on!!

Post away mate…don’t worry …you’re not boring anyone…and if you were we’d tell you LOL

[8D][:)]

Hi again.
I´m going to try to post picture of my bike you can probably tell me something about it I don´t know. I know for sure that the exhaust system is home made from engine and all the way back, and I don´t think these bikes came with the single seat cowl.
Remember this winter I´m going to repaint it because I think these colours are awful.
I´m thinking about Silver gray just one colour, I saw a Honda CB 750 1981 and the silver colour it had was very nice.
So I´m going to try this.
Look forward in reading your opinion.
Gunnar Már Guðnason (Jinx)
http://picasaweb.google.com/thoramarta/MTorhjL#5249327621023553794[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by jinx

Hi again.
I´m going to try to post picture of my bike you can probably tell me something about it I don´t know. I know for sure that the exhaust system is home made from engine and all the way back, and I don´t think these bikes came with the single seat cowl.
Remember this winter I´m going to repaint it because I think these colours are awful.
I´m thinking about Silver gray just one colour, I saw a Honda CB 750 1981 and the silver colour it had was very nice.
So I´m going to try this.
Look forward in reading your opinion.
Gunnar Már Guðnason (Jinx)

Nice pics jinx and the colour isn’t as bad as you made out…

[8D]

Thanks for opening my pictures Tiny Tim some day I must learn how to do that.
Right now I´m smiling my ears of, for the first time for a month I got out to ride :slight_smile: I was just going to take a little trip around the place I live in (small village about 1500 inhabitants) but ended up driving about 70 miles.
I was trying my new fuel cut of relay like Miti Babe posted here and it works just fine and saved me a lot of money and trouble getting it from USA or England.
I don´t expect to take my bike out in the next days because the weather here in Iceland isn´t very nice now always heavy winds and rain.
So for now CHEERS it´s saturday evening isn´t it.
Gunnar Már

hello from “sunny barnsley”(england). i agree with tim, the paint looks ok (ive seen worse colours)…pete.

Yes I´ve seen what not to do and that is not good. I took a look at this and already my bike is looking a lot better.

Something got wrong I can´t copy this image to the forum :frowning:

[:D]

It is a picture of a VF in camoflach or what ever it is called.

I´we been to busy too look in here for a while but now I see the picture I was trying to post the other day got finally through.
One thing I´m wondering about, if you take a look at the pictures of my bike can someone tell me if it is called something else than just VF1000F Interceptor. If I´m looking for some parts can I just order anything that fits VF1000F?

Until next time
Gunnar Már

Yes Gunnar, you have an early VF1000F Interceptor I think. The US models used the Interceptor name tag and had cast alloy wheels. The European equivalent was called the VF1000FE, and differed mainly in having composite wheels made of a separate hub and rim, with boomerang shaped alloy plates as 'spokes, bolted to the rims and hub to form the wheel. Both the Interceptor and the VF1000FE were the only tyes to use a 16 inch front wheel, later models went on to 18 inch. Your’s looks like a US Interceptor as it also has the extra side reflectors on the rails at the rear the Americans are so fond of!

This all works out right, my bike has cast alloy wheels and it is imported used to Iceland from USA.
Thanks a lot for this.
Gunnar Már

quote:
Originally posted by scratcher

Yes Gunnar, you have an early VF1000F Interceptor I think. The US models used the Interceptor name tag and had cast alloy wheels. The European equivalent was called the VF1000FE, and differed mainly in having composite wheels made of a separate hub and rim, with boomerang shaped alloy plates as 'spokes, bolted to the rims and hub to form the wheel. Both the Interceptor and the VF1000FE were the only tyes to use a 16 inch front wheel, later models went on to 18 inch. Your’s looks like a US Interceptor as it also has the extra side reflectors on the rails at the rear the Americans are so fond of!

Hi Chris…are you talking about the 2nd pic jinxy posted?..the 'orrible camouflage one?..Just looking at the rear cowl and lower fairing…isn’t it a VF1000R?[?]

No not that pic, Tim. You’re right tho that is one fugly VF1000R in the last pic. Gunnar wanted to know what type of VF1000 he had(the smaller pics beforehand).