PCV Resevoir Delete

Hi, new to the forum. Stripping and rebuilding my vf1000f interceptor… Down to the frame, engine, front and rear suspension.

Is there any compelling reason to keep the PCV tank? I’ve never seen a “catch can” on any gasoline engine except on suck-through turbo setups. I’m considering just mating the top and bottom lines and be done with it.

Future projects: Fabricate fibreglass fuel tank, engine rebuild, new seals on suspension, dress-up items (maybe a street fighter look? I don’t know yet.)

Thanks in advance, great site!!

Hi Jules, I think the plastic tank is mainly there to catch any blow by oil splash from crank case pressure and to stop it getting into air box, i suppose you could try a PCV valve like they used to have on old Holden’s. OH hang on, did you guys get them over there? [:D]

I don’t know if bypassing would improve/decrease performance/eliminate anything. good luck with it.

Used to be quite a few early Valiants in Liverpool (R, S & AP5), from where I do not know… There were also smatterings of Falcons in Essex, spanning at least XY-XC that came in through the Ford dealer at Woodford. Holdens though? Never saw one :frowning:

quote:
Originally posted by pberkhoutxr630

Hi Jules, I think the plastic tank is mainly there to catch any blow by oil splash from crank case pressure and to stop it getting into air box, i suppose you could try a PCV valve like they used to have on old Holden’s. OH hang on, did you guys get them over there? [:D]

I don’t know if bypassing would improve/decrease performance/eliminate anything. good luck with it.

My goal would be simply to save complexity and a little space, not save weight or improve performance or anything. Wouldn’t a PCV valve still allow oil in the blow-by to enter the airbox? I’m over-thinking this; maybe I’ll just let the catch-tank be.