possible new bol d'or owner

good evening gents + Ladies
I’m considering buying a VF1000 Bol D’or, Could you please tell me what if any faults/ problems I should be looking for.
Many thanks

hi Myrddyn,
The VF1000F II “Bol d’Or” is a good choice. The most common faults are rot prone exhaust chambers and crack prone fiberglass. On the engine, the vacuum diaphragm of the carbs is the main problem for me as the engine itself is sturdy built and long lasting providing you check the oil level frequently and by the book! Also, when buying it, check the steering column ball bearing.
Fred

hi, i think really its just like buying any old bike, listen to the engine for any unusual rattles or knocks especially from the top end, check the exhaust collector box for corrosion as these are no longer available. find out as much info from the seller as you can, i.e weather he has owned the bike for long, had any work done, any history available ect… you may pick up some more info by having a read through the “in the shed” section of this forum.
hope this helps.

Cheers Fred I’ll have to try and get to see it.
I know this is a bit cheeky but what sort of money would I be expecting to part with on a supposed minter

Cheers I much apreciate your help

Cheers I much apreciate your help

Hi Myrddyn,
Sorry, I can’t answer exactly about the how much a pristine VF1000F II would cost as I live in Dordogneshire on the continent,but I think you must not pay more than £2000 maximun for a bike with very low millage and a beautifull bodywork. There is a one owner bike for sale here near Bergerac with 34000 km on the clock in A1 condition, it just needs a carb cleaning and the guy wants 1200€. After a bit of haggling a friend of mine was offered it for 900€ but finaly he decided for a much more expensive VF1000R…
Fred

Thanks for your help I’ve decided to wait until I come back from hols, if it’s still there then i’ll have a look.
Again thank you you have a very good site it’s enough to make get one

Myrddyn, Fred and Pete have said it all really. Average ones get asked around £1,000 to £1,200.00 but whether they actually sell for that I don`t know. So a “Minter” ( if it is indeed such a beast ) - which means the standard exhaust with good collector box, fork seals good, no damage to plastics, tyres good, MOT etc etc could ask for between £1500 and £1750.00
Has it ever been Cat C or D insurance write off ?

Good luck
Martin

No I believe it is as I said a minter.
But I have no choice now we are away at the end of the week
so I will have to chew on my nails tip we get back.
Once again thanks for your help

Looks like I was wrong and could be a mutt

are you still looking?

are you still looking?

are you still looking?

are you still looking?

are you still looking?

are you still looking?

Nice! I’m not the only one! Welcome to the Stuttering club, Radicalrabit!

Could be also looking at vfr750s
I already have a z650 1978 so it would be another project to go with the kwaka

Did the Bol go down the tubes ? I got the impression the seller was less than honest about its condition ?

Radical, have you got one for sale ?

Martin