Scouting for the Scottish trip

With only one day of holiday to play with,I decided to try out the planned route for the proposed Scottish trip.A few lads on a range of bikes kept me company.
The rendezvous point was Tesco at the Fort Road Bridge,this gave 3 of us,Bol Blackbird and 600 Bandit,a 90 mile run on the A701.It was a chilly start with some fog in places but was still a great start to the day.
There is a new bridge being built on the Forth,we rode over the old one for possibly the last time with a fantastic view of the new towers and the new approaches.
By now the sun was out and there was not a cloud in the sky,it stayed that way all day.
Another Blackbird a Firestorm a Triumph Daytona and a Z650 had met us and we ran the fantastic A823 up to Muthill then picked up the A822 which took us over to Dunkeld

then the A923 to Blairgowrie.Next we picked up the A93 (which can only be described as spectacular)through Glen Shee and Royal Deeside past Balmoral then left to Cock Bridge on the A939 then the Lecht
On to Tomintoul,Granton on Spey and our overnight stop Aviemore.
Total miles for the day 265
Regards Bif

Looks good Bif. Can you replicate the weather for next May as well please ? P.S. have you read your pm from me ?

Don’t really want to repeat Saturday morning

it was -2 at 9.00am and we rode the first hour in fog with totally frozen visors.
The fog did lift as we got closer to Fort William and we were back into brilliant sunshine by the time we reached Glen Coe

Views are guaranteed the weather not so much Bif

Looks like a top trip. :slight_smile:

Not 100% that the second day would go the same way.As we will all start on the Saturday at Edinburgh we have the option of pushing on up to Inverness and onto the fabulous A82 and down to Fort Augustus for the night.I honestly don’t think we could go wrong what ever the final route ends up being.
Check it out yourself Ivan,happy to customise the route to take in what anyone really wants to see.
Regards Bif

Well it would seem that the whole of England is invading the west of Scotland and our accommodation of choice is booked solid.
We have however secured two dorms for our exclusive use in the Aviemore bunkhouse.
It’s £20 a head,bed linen and towel included and both rooms have ensuite toilet and shower room.
As we are a large group it may be a plan to pre book for food,I could recommend Roos Leap,burgers ribs and steaks.
Let me know your thoughts
Regards Bif

sounds good bif,
you can book my place at the table for food…

Biff, ditto Pete. After a day in the saddle I could eat a scabby horse between two mattresses.( don’t suppose they serve those though ?)

Took the VF out last Wednesday for a shake down and she ended up boiling over in traffic in Bristol. Managed to limp home and ordered a new thermostat immediately which is going in today.

Hi Bif count me in for the grub, Will need a decent meal after my short trek north

Table booked for 7.45 and only a five minute stroll from our bunkhouse.
Regards Bif

Hi Bif could you give me an exact address where we are meeting up as my sat nav does street names and numbers but not post codes

And pardon me for being ignorant guys but I have forgotten the exact date we are meeting up and cannot see it on this thread, please help the senile southerner out

hi paul,

yep, the info seems to have got spread over 2 posts, the other one called “scottish trip… in owners lounge”.
the english crew will be meeting up at Squires bikers cafe, Newthorpe Lane, Newthorpe, South Milford, Leeds LS25 5LX · on friday 29th april… (mid morning to early afternoon…time to be confirmed)

Then, from there we will be heading to Edinburgh… Ibis hotel 6 Lochside View, Currie, City of Edinburgh, EH12 9DH. hoping to arrive there sometime around 6.30/7.00 pm, so we would probably need to leave squires around 1.30/2.00.

then on the saturday morning we will be heading to the Aviemore bunkhouse… bif will need to fill the address details for that…

Paul, I notice you refer to yourself as “the senile sufferer”, may I correct you - that should be in the plural. There’s more than one of you. :o

I think Pete has covered it Paul,the Ibis hotel will be the meet up point for us all on the Friday night and we will sort the route out over a pint for the onward leg on Saturday to Aviemore.
Aviemore Bunkhouse
23 Dalfaber Road
Aviemore
PH22 1PU