Update on vf1000r 1985 not starting

After my last topic I opened up my bike and found out the wiring between the regulator and alternator was burnt and the plastic had melted (the 3 yellow wires). I have read some other topics about this and i want to be sure about it. Could this be the problem for the bike not starting? I know that the battery wont charge but If it was charge would it turn on without any problem.

It’s a good starting point I would say.Replace the connectors,check battery voltage,check to see if your battery is charging and go from there.
Regards Bif

1 Like

Hey so today I took out the fuel pump. What I did was to connect it to a standalone battery and the pump made a kick sound and then nothing . ( it was connected to the fuel tank so it should have pumped fuel). What I saw was that the connectors on the pump were really dirty and I cleaned the and use a bit wd40 in the connectors and after that it worked. I think this has to be the main problem for the bike not starting and I will get another pump to test if it works. I will keep you updated

1 Like