VF cafe new paint first ride

Hi all, finally got a ride out in the sun with the new paint job.
What a relief.

3 Likes

Looking good dave, where have you hidden the petrol pump ?

Afternoon Pete, it’s still running fine without one. It didn’t have one when we first met on the fine Llangollen ride out in 2019.

Looking great Dave, well done. All this good weather and I’m off the road. Doh!

2 Likes

Thanks Gary. Slight confession ~ think I hit the like heart button with my left thumb while typing with my right hand on the phone. Lol… Anyway the bike still needs a hugger and new saddle but the way things are this could take a while and if the sun keeps coming ill be out on it as it is ~ when permitted. Hope you get your wheels rolling soon. Cheers.

2 Likes

Really like this and nice to see something different! Nice job! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Cheers Matt, have to admit it took years to get to this point but right now it feels worth it.

2 Likes

it looks nice!!!very good job

Thanks kkostaskk ~ if that’s your bike pictured next to your name it looks like you have been going in a different direction as well. Have you posted any pics of it on the forum?

different direction yes…because i like to make different things…

97970358_10222835146295580_7171820726838624256_o 97989405_10222835145775567_9044382843911798784_o 30859_1430549052099_7822985_n 2302_1074467390280_6852_n

2 Likes

on its way down the ugly tree, that almost certainly hit every branch…

1 Like

Ok so you have gone for a more modern edgy style theme I’m more of a classic 80’s fan

3 Likes

sorry i cant understood the meaning , my english are not very good, i think that you dont like my bike but its ok for me :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

I think that styling is a very personal thing, you like what you like. No this isn’t my sort of thing but I can see you spent a lot of time integrating your design features all round the bike in a way that you like and its looks complete. I certainly spent many hours looking at my bike debating what route to take, what to take off and what to leave, including the headlights and front bodywork, but I came back to wanting to do more of a café racer whilst trying to keep its original 80’s character which I’ve always liked.

1 Like

Not a fan personally but as was said, styling is personal so if you like it that’s all that matters. I really do appreciate the work and effort you have put into this build. Congratulations.

1 Like

I can help out if your german is better than your english :grin:

My greek end at Ouzo, Tsaziki and Gyros :rofl:

I can see the work spent on this bike. I like them in original way.

2 Likes

Here is the link to a german forum where someone also modified a SC15:

VF1000F2 Umbau/Restauration - Seite 4 - VF-Modelle - Honda-Board (honda-board.de)