Wanted: 1985 VF1000F Owners' Manual

Hi all!

I bought a 1985 VF1000F in March (put 2000 km on her already), but no owner’s manual came with. Anyone have one that they’d like to part with? I’ve already got the Clymer manual and the downloadable manuals fro this site…

Thanks!

Hi TSSmith - we may be able to help eachother out a little here. Check with Helminc and see if they have your manual. I have enquired regarding one for my VF1000R and they have it but the cost is 20 US plus 30 US order processing fee. If they have your manual then we could split the processing fee?

Courageous:

Sorry, I haven’t looked back here for a while.

I’d love to split it like this, but they don’t have a manual for the 1985 VF1000F. The '85 wasn’t available in the US - only the '84 - because of the Harley tariff. So I’d have to find a European supplier 'cause I don’t know if the manual for the '84 is the same…

85 models are different. 18 inch wheel, fork lowers + mudguard changes, rear bodywork/subframe/seat/grabrail all altered. Biggest change was frame and cylinder heads. Wider frame at the front to accomodate wider heads with line bored cams and 4 bolt cam caps. The rest of the motor is pretty much the same.